EZ Debug CPU LED solid white - existing build

Tuxrm

When I turned on my computer this morning it would not post and the EZ Debug LED was lit up solid white. I've had this CPU for about two years and the issue came up seemingly randomly. I tried resetting CMOS but that had no effect. I don't have another compatible CPU handy so I can't try swapping that out. How can/should I troubleshoot?

Motherboard: MSI B450M PRO-VDH

CPU: Ryzen 2600

Thanks!

After trying everything it turned out that my old CPU case had a reset switch that was malfunctioning and causing it to be stuck in a non booting sequence everytime.  So make sure to play around with front panel connectors.

(different comment)
I reseated the RAM again, rechecked the CPU power connection, unscrewed a few screws from the motherboard in case it was shorting. held a screwdriver over JBAT1 for 10 seconds to clear CMOS ... and it worked!!!!

found from the msi support page by searching up your problem

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

CMOS clearing can be annoying af in my experience. Try a couple of times. Just take the batter out and wait for a while. That worked for me before.

Thanks for the tips, unfortunately I'm still having trouble. So far I've tried:

• Reseating the RAM
  • Took the battery out for at least a minute, and placed a screwdriver tip over JBAT1 to reset CMOS
  • Unplugged and re plugged the CPU power cable 
  • Unplugged the reset switch
  • Booting the computer by shorting the board instead of using the power switch on the case (to see if the case button was causing an issue)
  • I unscrewed several of the motherboard mounts 

The computer won't power off by holding the power button down either. Not sure if that's anything to note or not, but figured I'd mention it if somebody more knowledgeable than me knows if that is a signal for some other problem.

For anybody looking at this thread down the line, when I put my CPU in another computer it posted. Issue was a faulty motherboard.