this old office PC had:

gt 610 2gb (added a GTX 1050 ti but it was a bottleneck)

3GB ram

dual core E2220  2.4 GHZ 

and i wonder if i added a GPU that will not bottleneck this old PC what would be?
i am thinking about a GT 1030 but i am not sure

In terms of old but good graphics cards, the gtx 750 ti is about all you'd want, especially because of the core 2 duo. The GT 1030 is, and always has been, an all around terrible value, and you can never get them for a fair price (which would be around $40.)

You might get lucky and even find a GTX 950 for around $50 but that will require a 6 pin PCIe connector and it seems like you are targeting GPUs without the need for a power cable.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

i have a 6pin connector 

so if i add the GTX 750 ti will it play games like CS GO well?

the system played cs go at 40-60 fps before btw

The computer will bottleneck the GPU, not the other way around.

Core 2 Duo is now well over 10 years old.  Even with some of the fastest Core 2 Duo chips they will limit performance of even a GT 1030.

I had a dual "Core 2 Quad" Xeon workstation with 3ghz CPUs in it, and it was limiting the performance of an RX 460.  In a few games it was limited by as much as 50%.

For reference the RX 460 is a little slower than the 1050 Ti.

Just now, xariskouves said:

hmmm ._. 

so an older gpu will be better?

No, you dont get more performance from an older GPU.  The maximum performance of the CPU is just REALLY low.

can i add a gpu in that thing that will perform good?

2 minutes ago, xariskouves said:

can i add a gpu in that thing that will perform good?

Make sure that you quote us so that we can see your responses, or use @xariskouves, or we won't get a notification.

CSGO on a core 2 duo will struggle pretty badly. The 750 ti is fine for modern games at 720p medium or 1080p low (I use one in my second rig) but will still be held back by that CPU.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

i am fine playing with it in cs go without framedrops

30-40 bots

40-60 online

but i would like 60fps at least

I wouldnt spend more than $100 on a GPU for that computer if you are not going to upgrade the core system for a while.

Something like a GT 1030 GDDR 5, do not get a GT 1030 DDR4 card though.

18 minutes ago, xariskouves said:

30-40 bots

40-60 online

What's your budget exactly ?

Can you maybe sell the system for like 30 bucks 

Add to it 100 bucks and get an optiplex with a 2500 or a 3770 maybe and then add a 750ti to it 

That would be a lot better

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

Just now, TofuHaroto said:

What's your budget exactly ?

Can you maybe sell the system for like 30 bucks 

Add to it 100 bucks and get an optiplex with a 2500 or a 3770 maybe and them add a 750ti to it 

That would be a lot better

This is a good option if you are looking to spend $150 or so.

Just put your current GPU in the new system and drop another $150 into a 1650 or something later and you will have something like 4x the performance on all fronts.

17 minutes ago, xariskouves said:

30-40 bots

40-60 online

you have to use the quote button

Primary PC:

I wanted to repair it to play minecraft.

I was going to give it to my brother but he has the ps4 all day and he won't let me play anymore and he doesn't want that pc so yeah I am going to sell it:D

the PC has:

GT 610 2GB

3GB ram 

dual core E2220 2.4 GHZ

and i had added before a fast SSD and that made the difference.And new thermal paste but i want to upgrade it to play some games like CS GO (the frames are fine(1080p) but i want 60 fps with a GPU that will give me some extra FPS i dont want 144FPS this pc will be given away to my brother that plays BT5-BT1 all day). 

i can upgrade the CPU but i had not before and the shipping will be dangerous. they m8 break it but it should be alright.

i will watch some CPUs available for LGA775 sockets but i have seen in a site that E1200(an older CPU) will not bottleneck the GT 1030 (i might be wrong) 

see by your self (if the gt 1030 works better i will by it even if doesnt work at maximum performance)

https://www.pc-specs.com/gpu/Nvidia/10_Series/GeForce_GT_1030/3953/Compatible_CPUs  

GT 1030 will be limited by the CPU you have in games like Minecraft and CS:GO.  I have not run MC on my C2D/A64 stuff in a long time because they have been put into long term storage, and MC has bloated a bit in CPU needs for a target FPS.

Will it do 60 FPS?

Maybe, with a low view distance.

I would get the absolute cheapest used 1030 (DDR5) or 750 you can find.  Its not really worth the money to add much to that system, as newer higher clocked CPUs will likely not work in it.  After ~2.6ghz or so C2D had a manufacturing process shrink, and a lot of the older boards for these chips do not support the newer versions.

i had overclocked my cpu from 2.4 Ghz to 2.77 Ghz 

i dont now if that will make a difference 

2 minutes ago, xariskouves said:

i had overclocked my cpu from 2.4 Ghz to 2.77 Ghz 

i dont now if that will make a difference 

updated my previous post.

Overclocking will hardly make a difference unless you are pushing 3.2ghz+.

i am ok playing now with 8 chunks and i am getting around 110-200 but i had kept it to 60 for no 70 fps framedrops

Just now, xariskouves said:

i am ok playing now with 8 chunks and i am getting around 110-200 but i had kept it to 60 for no 70 fps framedrops

Yeah, a GPU isnt going to help your FPS a whole lot in MC unless you want to go to a much higher resolution with the same FPS.