Upgrade Help

PlumpPlatypus

Right so I've decided to finally get around to upgrading my rig, but I have run into some problems in what to get.

Basically all I need is the CPU and the GPU. I was originally going to get the 3300x and pair it with the 1660 Super, but now I have just added roughly another £150-200 to the build budget and thought that I maybe want to upgrade my GPU even further.

I thought that a 5600xt would pair nicely and give me some money left over or i could go all out and get the 5700 or 5700xt.

Pretty much I just want to know what to get out of those GPUs,

Or maybe i could get a 2060 because I know that the AMD cards have driver issues right now

Also are AMD cards really that unreliable or have they recently gotten better?

So now that you added the extra 200 pounds 

What's your budget exactly ?

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

5 minutes ago, PlumpPlatypus said:

Something like the Gigabyte gaming OC 5700XT for £380 would be very nice, and should be pretty future proof

PC

Ryzen 5 2600 Stock

Sapphire Nitro+ Special Edition Radeon RX580 8GB (Would Recommend)

Gigabyte B450M DS3H (Don't recommend)

Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000MHz CL15 

Phanteks P300 (Would Recommend)

Kingston A400 240GB SSD

Seagate BarraCuda 1TB HDD

Corsair CX550M 550W  80+ Bronze

Deepcool FH-10 Fan Hub

3x BeQuiet Pure Wings 2

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/marmour/saved/QTY3ZL

Peripherals

LG 24MK400H

Logitech G413 Carbon

Logitech G305 (AAA Adaptor - 10g reduction) (Would recommend)

Logitech Z150

HyperX Cloud II (Would recommend)

Moto G5 Plus (Webcam)

Phone

Pixel 3A XL (Would recommend)

*Useful Link* PSU Tier List: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psucultists-psu-tier-list/

Well all i need is a GPU because i think im going to stick with the 3300x. So like i said i was originally going to get the 1660 Super which is £220 but I got some extra money to play with and thought of upgrading just my GPU, is it worth going all out and getting a 5700xt or saving some @TofuHaroto

2 minutes ago, marmour said:

Something like the Gigabyte gaming OC 5700XT for £380 would be very nice, and should be pretty future proof

Do you know is the driver issues have been fixed?

1 minute ago, PlumpPlatypus said:

Do you know is the driver issues have been fixed?

They have for the most part

2 minutes ago, PlumpPlatypus said:

is it worth going all out and getting a 5700xt or saving some @TofuHaroto

If you want 

Get a 1660 super and wait for ampere and big Navi 

Or go all out and get a 5700xt 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

Just now, TofuHaroto said:

They have for the most part

If you want 

Get a 1660 super and wait for ampere and big Navi 

Or go all out and get a 5700xt 

Nice thanks for the help and do you think the 3300x would be able to handle the 5700xt? @TofuHaroto

Just now, PlumpPlatypus said:

Nice thanks for the help and do you think the 3300x would be able to handle the 5700xt? @TofuHaroto

It will

A 3300x is a very capable chip 

Build Log: 

4 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

It will

A 3300x is a very capable chip 

Alrightly thanks a lot

1 hour ago, PlumpPlatypus said:

3300x is enough for now. Really good CPU. But keep in mind that's a 4/8 CPU. New consoles that will arrives at the end of this year will have 8/16 CPU. Something like Ryzen 7 3800. So don't expect that this CPU will handle for too much time.

In fact, some games are already showing what happens when you have less logical cores than the game is optimized for. Link below. Look for Assassins Creed Odyssey and Battlefield 5. They're paired even 3300x having a better architetury than Ryzen 1600AF.

Now give it a close eye on RDR2. 10% more performance than 3300x. It's a very modern game.

I'm not saying that you should buy a 1600AF and forget about 3300x. It's not that. It's just to keep in mind that 3300x is fast, but in the end it's a quad core that have 8 logical cores, half of the new consoles.

https://adrenaline.com.br/analises/v/63872/analise-amd-ryzen-3-3300x-cpu-atropela-o-core-i3-e-ate-rivaliza-com-i5