Lan driver issues

hello my name is Zach

I'm helping my buddy build a computer we got everything to fire up but we are having troubles with our Lan drivers. every time we try to install the drivers the CMD promt comes up for 2 seconds runs 2 lines of code then shuts down. he as a ryzen 3700 on a rog strix b550-F. any help would be appreciated its his first computer build, hes getting really discouraged by this and he almost just wants to give up, asus hasn't been able to help so far so i thought i would come to the best people on the internet 

thanks

Zach  

Did you try updating in Device Manager and/or going to the ethernet controller company's (eg: Realtek) website?

we've tried updating through device manager and it cannot find the update file, we have not gone to realtek's website 

I have the same issue. I assembled my PC last night with the Asus Rog Strix B550F. Once Windows was installed, I noticed all the issues in the device manager. The ethernet controller, pci device x 3, pci encryption/decryption controller, SM Bus controller, and 2 unknown devices show up under "other devices." 

I updated the BIOS, tried to install the LAN driver from ASUS website and had the same issue as OP. I attempted to install the Intel LAN driver bundle, but when I run the the utility, it doesn't see the device to install the driver. 

device manager.jpg

• 1 month later...

I’m also having this issue. If anyone knows fix please help

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I also had this issue with an ROG STRIX B550-I gaming motherboard. I fixed it by updating Windows 10 to the latest version via USB. The steps I followed are here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/how-to-update-windows-10-without-internet-access/958dc14c-cdd2-45c2-9cbb-9c5ac3c11c12

Use the media creation tool to create a copy of Windows 10 for another PC via USB. Then run the setup program on the PC with the driver issues.

Hope this helps.

• 3 months later...

I got around this issue by downloading the drivers from asus onto a usb from another computer, unzipping them onto the problem computer and then in device manager right clicking on the unknown devices and installing the drivers by pointing to where I unzipped the asus drivers. 

• 1 month later...

I also had this issue with an ROG STRIX B550-I gaming motherboard. The problem is manyfold. Compounding the issue is the drivers are on a CD, and most new builds don't have an optical drive. So, I went to another PC and just copied the "Drivers" folder onto USB Flash. Perhaps copying all the files would've made things go smoother. 

Because the MB uses a new-ish 2.5Gb Intel LAN chip, it is not recognized by Windows. Therefore, after installing Windows 10, your LAN will not work. Oddly, there was no way to install the driver; neither from the install CD, Asus website or even the Intel driver website. However, the MB has wifi, so I connected to the internet to do all Windows updates. Even that wouldn't allow LAN driver installation. I was able to install all the other MB drivers, except for LAN. At some point, the system tries to auto installs Asus armory crate; it hangs without completing. After rebooting into safe mode and attempting finish or Crate installation, (which didn't complete) and then rebooting into regular windows did Armory crate complete. At that point, the LAN driver was properly installed without me manually installing any LAN drivers. 

I looked at the original ASUS CD, and armory crate isn't on there. I suspect installation of one of the drivers, starts armory crate download from the internet. But that can't complete, because the LAN wasn't installed. Catch 22!

In my case, the 2.5Gb LAN driver will not install unless Amory crate is FIRST properly installed to completion. My suggestion to any with this same problem is to first: 

- Install windows

- Install all drivers from ASUS MB CD

- download Armory crate from the ASUS website on another PC, copy to USB Flash, install to new PC

- If Armory crate won't complete installation, temporarily install another LAN device so you can complete windows update

- Attempt to complete AC

• 4 weeks later...

With internet connection it is ez. But harder is to download that driver for Ethernet...... 

For internet connection i use my mobilu => plug my Phone to pc and than share WiFi by USB 🙂 It is simple, but it have one problem = yours internet connection is somehow edited with yours mobile (yours internet connection isnt private), so you cant install for example Armoury Crate (internet connection error 200) 😕 

I now have idea how to do that 🙂 So i will put mi ssd to my NB and than i will install armoury crate.  When i will again install ssd to my pc i will just install lan driver in armoury crate. 

I will info you how it works 🙂

(btw 3months my pc worked good, but after system reinstalation it didnt install that driver for Ethernet) 

Have a good day 😉

If you don't have a driver stored you can let armory crate connect to the internet for you and grab the driver from there. So dumb. This board pissed me off for like 3 months because every restart or every wake from sleep I would have to wait 38s for the Lan to initialize. Since installing bios 1805 I can connect as soon as the desktop is loaded, like on my Intel boards... I contacted Asus shortly before they released the new bios complaining of the Lan, and also the RGB light on the VRM was broken by software. They released a new bios 3 days after that and it fixed all of my issues, and made overclocking four sticks a little harder at the top end. But overall pretty happy with it now. Haven't played with the RGB because I don't trust it now lol.

AMD R9 5900X | Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 EVO, T30,TL-C12 Pro
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 4x8GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14 1.5v
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1496 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB, Many CFM's

• 2 weeks later...

Done guys 🙂 Finally. Just reinstal win on your NB and than install armoury crate 🙂 Everything work good 🙂  Have a nice day