T.v.'s Dead Need Opinions.

Broseephus

So I've had this 46'' Panasonic Viera Plasma for a little over 4 years now. I was watching some Tosh.o reruns about an hour ago, went to the grocery store to pick up some stuff for dinner, got back 10 minutes ago, and this is what I find. I checked all inputs so it's def the screen itself.

bTfU3NPl.jpg

So is there any hope? Could a repair shop repair this cost effectively? Since I'm in the market for a new t.v. most likely what are your suggestions. Budget would be 1500 max.

Also notice the cubby in my wall. Anyone know if they make a Stand that would fit inside of that that I could bolt down and then hang the new TV on it? I really want to get a 60'' for my next tv but with that giant cubby hole there I fear it isn't possible.

I have a very similar set as yours. PZ-85. Haven't had one issue. It could be something tiny, but for what it will cost and the hassle of taking it somewhere to be fixed, I would just buy new. I personally wouldn't let this sully your opinion of Panasonic. They are still making some of the best Panels on the market. I would recommend for your budget a Panasonic ST-60. I believe the 50" is going for around $1299. The new St-60 Is supposed to be pretty close in performance to last years top of the line model(VT series). Keep in mind too that the new Bezel's are much thinner, so a 50 or 55 should probably fit into your existing cabinet. Just check the specs online. Hope this helps.

On a side note, It's probably time for a new Media cabinet. I would check out ikea. The one I'm using came with a flush back panel that will hold up to a 100 pounds, and only cost $200

I've got no issues with Panasonic. Like I said I've had this beast for over 4 years and the wife loves leaving it on for the dogs so it's had a lot of hours on it.

The thing about the cabinet is it's "built-in" to the wall. Unfortunately I can't just get another one.

Too bad.I built a custom bracket for my parents tv enclosure out of some plywood(at least 1" ply). Not hard to do. Just measure everything properly and it should hold the weight no problem as long as there is a stud to drill into. Depends on weather or not you are handy with those kinds of things. Might need a drill/ table saw /paint. Any idea what TV you want to go with?

An audio/video guy from another forum linked me to the mounts he uses for clients www.monoprice.com.... I found one I'm gonna mount at the back of the cubby and the arm will basically extend the TV out to the front of the cubby.

Thanks for the responses. 

Now I've just gotta find the TV I'm gonna get. Looking for a 55'' screen that is no longer than 49'' wide total...... That's gonna be the hard part me thinks.