Looking for a software controlled fan controller

zogthegreat

Hi everyone!

As the title says, I'm looking for a software controlled fan controller for the fans on my radiators, as I haven't found a normal one that matches my build. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

zog

Corsair Commander Pro is gonna be your best option. But at 60 € it's rather expensive. I use it myself and im happy with it. The iCue Software works really well too.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

Thanks @Stahlmann98

Yeah, the Corsair Commander Pro seems to be what I'm looking for, I already have a Corsair Strafe keyboard and a Corsair Harpoon mouse, so ICue is already on my system.

But the price! Ouch! I'm still on the start of my build so I have time to decide if I want to drop $75 USD on a fan controller... maybe I can mod my old slide lever controller to match my build.

Besides Commander Pro, there are Grid from NZXT and Loop Conenct from EK. There would be also TT RGB Plus from Thermaltake, but it uses proprietary connectors.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I was just watching this video:

At the end of the video, Andrew mentions OpenRGB:

https://gitlab.com/CalcProgrammer1/OpenRGB

They have a list of compatible components, (motherboard, RAM etc), that can be found here:

https://gitlab.com/CalcProgrammer1/OpenRGB/-/wikis/home

They only list 2 fans and it doesn't mention if you can control the fan speeds. I'm posting it in case someone needs a RGB controller. Still, the project looks promising. 

3 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Besides Commander Pro, there are Grid from NZXT and Loop Conenct from EK. There would be also TT RGB Plus from Thermaltake, but it uses proprietary connectors.

Thanks for the information @LogicalDrm, although they seem to just as expensive as the Corsair Commander

6 hours ago, zogthegreat said:

Thanks for the information @LogicalDrm, although they seem to just as expensive as the Corsair Commander

That's capitalism for you. The software is the reason why they cost so much. Fan hubs are something like $30 and knob controllers about the same.

The other option is to get hib or splitters and use motherboard to control. Splitters are $8-15.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

That's capitalism for you. The software is the reason why they cost so much. Fan hubs are something like $30 and knob controllers about the same.

The other option is to get hib or splitters and use motherboard to control. Splitters are $8-15.

Thanks for the suggestion @LogicalDrm! I usually don't install the bloatware that comes with with my hardware, but I decided to check out what MSI offers software wise to go with my motherboard. It turns out that my MSI Z270A-Pro has two onboard fan headers that can be controlled with the MSI Command Center application:

spacer.png

I have a splitter somewhere, I'll dig it out today. The nice thing is that there are two different headers that can be controlled with the software. I can hookup my 2 pumps to one and all of my fans to the other. My pumps draw power from a 4 pin molex and have a separate lead for the PMW, I can parallel both of the pumps to the PUMP header on my motherboard and use the CPU FAN header to connect the splitter to my fans.