PC BUILT IN DESK (not completed yet)

SHADFAN

Hello, I'm 16 years old making my first custom modded PC built in a desk.
PART 1:
This is a picture after painting the desk - it was brown which is no good to me 馃槄- I've also built a white small bench where the motherboard is going to be placed on (add-ons in this cabin: RGB light on the top with a fan and another fan downthere) . After making the cabin I've drilled those two hinges on the side where am going to connect them to a small window.

IMG_20200614_140557.thumb.jpg.80780a8cbc437b38e83fe0565e0e51f7.jpg

聽Time to put some things on the desk :

IMG_20200614_182646.thumb.jpg.f404aea2c5a21eb89af5b1b9d21ed560.jpg

Poor cable management but that doesn't matter aslong it's hidden right? LolIMG_20200614_182656.thumb.jpg.c73daf74c259d9e0ab8c53f25b30ce02.jpg

I've also added the arduinio microprocessor to control one of my fans and the rgb lights 馃槷

Adding more Pics of the rig itself soon :)

Edited by SHADFAN

BOLD not ITALIC

2 hours ago, SHADFAN said:

-snip-

Thats it?

Typically a good WIP build log will list out the next steps and explain what was done. Additionally, more photos are usually better as well.

2 hours ago, kkpatel87 said:

Thats it?

Typically a good WIP build log will list out the next steps and explain what was done. Additionally, more photos are usually better as well.

Nope still I didn't finish it this is just the first part. Soon enough I'll be able to post the rest of the pics :)

Edited by SHADFAN

BOLD not ITALIC

7 hours ago, SHADFAN said:

Nope still I didn't finish it this is just the first part. Soon enough I'll be able to post the rest of the pics :)

I understand you are only 16 but i think it would behoove you to make some adjustments:

• That base looks like foam glued together. It does not looked like its mean to bear any load. I would聽recommend replacing that with wood.
  • Create a fan bracket instead of gluing a fan to the inside. That will not end well.
  • That wiring and components installation in the back聽is nonsensical and聽needs to be fixed. Why are the components just attached randomly? Why don't you make a small plate assembly?聽
  • Also, a聽breadboard is not meant to be used in a final application, only for prototyping. Why don't you create a wire harness and make it look more professional?

Please note everything said here is to help you. Right now this is not going to shape up to be a decent build. If you don't care about the above, that's your prerogative but if you need help there are plenty of people here that would be willing to do so.

9 hours ago, kkpatel87 said:

I understand you are only 16 but i think it would behoove you to make some adjustments:

• That base looks like foam glued together. It does not looked like its mean to bear any load. I would聽recommend replacing that with wood.
  • Create a fan bracket instead of gluing a fan to the inside. That will not end well.
  • That wiring and components installation in the back聽is nonsensical and聽needs to be fixed. Why are the components just attached randomly? Why don't you make a small plate assembly?聽
  • Also, a聽breadboard is not meant to be used in a final application, only for prototyping. Why don't you create a wire harness and make it look more professional?

Please note everything said here is to help you. Right now this is not going to shape up to be a decent build. If you don't care about the above, that's your prerogative but if you need help there are plenty of people here that would be willing to do so.

:) I appreciate your help.聽

About that "foam glued together" I don't know why you saw it that way but it's actually wood and I've painted it white it's strong enough and will take any load.聽

Secondly, what do you mean by a fan bracket? Can you also explain the plate for the wirings in the back?聽

Also, as you said the breadboard isn't used for final application that's why I am using it. I am going to add more things in the future. Thanks anyways, again I appreciate it.聽

BOLD not ITALIC

3 hours ago, SHADFAN said:

-snip-

Ah ok, the white painted wood looked like foam to the rough edges and the powder/dust at the bottom.

As for a fan bracket, here is an example:

Single 120mm Fan Holder - Black

For the plate assembly, here is an example (credit from CE Electric Auto Supply):

7-Relay_Panel_KIt.jpg

(Basically, the philosophy is the same...all the components are on a plate, arranged in a logical order with clean wiring.)

So its one to add things in the future but breadboards are meant for prototyping and not in the actual application. You can create a wiring harness that allows you to add stuff in the future.聽However, if that is what you want to do then go for it.

5 minutes ago, kkpatel87 said:

Ah ok, the white painted wood looked like foam to the rough edges and the powder/dust at the bottom.

As for a fan bracket, here is an example:

Single 120mm Fan Holder - Black

For the plate assembly, here is an example (credit from CE Electric Auto Supply):

7-Relay_Panel_KIt.jpg

(Basically, the philosophy is the same...all the components are on a plate, arranged in a logical order with clean wiring.)

So its one to add things in the future but breadboards are meant for prototyping and not in the actual application. You can create a wiring harness that allows you to add stuff in the future.聽However, if that is what you want to do then go for it.

Its wood dust.

Anyways, these concepts are taken into consideration once I finish the cabin itself I'll start with the plate assembly and the fan bracket although I might not have the enough resources. Thank you .

BOLD not ITALIC