[Solved] PC not booting up even after CMOS reset

Hi so I did my first build last week using Asus Prime B450M-A and Ryzen 5 3500X. It was working completely until yesterday i decided to manage my cables for a cleaner look.

After doing so, my pc is not booting up anymore. I noticed there was no beep during startup anymore which makes leads me to think this is a POST problem. The peripheral fans, processor cooler fan, and gpu fans are working. But the monitor says "no display." Even the rgb on the RAM is lighting up.

I have searched google for troubleshooting tips and these are what I've done so far:

- Remove both rams then turning it on

- remove one ram and leave one on either slot A2 or B2 (ive tried every combination)

- checked my connections but everything looks fine

- checked my mobo to see if there are burns or bends or if something is shorting but there is none

- reset CMOS by removing the battery and shorting the reset headers as said in the manual for about 2 hours

I think ive done almost anything except check for cpu but im hesitant to do thst since google says its rare to destroy the cpu especially for a 1 week old build. I might even damage it more.

I also dont have extra psu or gpu or motherboard to troubleshoot.

What do you suggest i try more?

Do you think this is still fixable? If not, which part do you think is the problem? Im guessing the motherboard but i cant believe it since it's very new and it was just working before i organized my cables. Thanks.

3 minutes ago, Gamerboii said:

Hi so I did my first build last week using Asus Prime B450M-A and Ryzen 5 3500X. It was working completely until yesterday i decided to manage my cables for a cleaner look.

After doing so, my pc is not booting up anymore. I noticed there was no beep during startup anymore which makes leads me to think this is a POST problem. The peripheral fans, processor cooler fan, and gpu fans are working. But the monitor says "no display." Even the rgb on the RAM is lighting up.

I have searched google for troubleshooting tips and these are what I've done so far:

- Remove both rams then turning it on

- remove one ram and leave one on either slot A2 or B2 (ive tried every combination)

- checked my connections but everything looks fine

- checked my mobo to see if there are burns or bends or if something is shorting but there is none

- reset CMOS by removing the battery and shorting the reset headers as said in the manual for about 2 hours

I think ive done almost anything except check for cpu but im hesitant to do thst since google says its rare to destroy the cpu especially for a 1 week old build. I might even damage it more.

I also dont have extra psu or gpu or motherboard to troubleshoot.

What do you suggest i try more?

Do you think this is still fixable? If not, which part do you think is the problem? Im guessing the motherboard but i cant believe it since it's very new and it was just working before i organized my cables. Thanks.

Are fans spinning at max speed and it the machine bootlooping?

Im not sure if its full speed but i noticed its louder than usual. So maybe.

I dont what bootlooping is. Im sorry. When i try to turn it on, i dont leave it open for too long since im afraid something might burn up lol.

The screen just turns to black after saying no display

14 minutes ago, Gamerboii said:

Im not sure if its full speed but i noticed its louder than usual. So maybe.

I dont what bootlooping is. Im sorry. When i try to turn it on, i dont leave it open for too long since im afraid something might burn up lol.

The screen just turns to black after saying no display

Make sure to quote or tag us for us to see your reply. 

Just to double check, the HDMI/display port cable is plugged into the GPU and not the mobo?

2 minutes ago, gloop said:

Make sure to quote or tag us for us to see your reply. 

Just to double check, the HDMI/display port cable is plugged into the GPU and not the mobo?

Ohh sorry. Thanks

Yes im using hdmi plugged to gpu since i dont have integrated graphics

1 minute ago, Gamerboii said:

Ohh sorry. Thanks

Yes im using hdmi plugged to gpu since i dont have integrated graphics

Ok, this is a dumb question, but did you plug back in your Sata cables for the boot drive?

13 minutes ago, gloop said:

Ok, this is a dumb question, but did you plug back in your Sata cables for the boot drive?

Yes, ive also tried both light bootup by removing extra hardware like fans and ssd/hdd. I tried booting while drives are connected. I know, im really stumped too

@gloop @Dimondminer11

This may sound dumb but is it possible to fix this by inserting a windows 10 bootable media? Im willing to try anything but scared to destroy other components

1 minute ago, Gamerboii said:

@gloop @Dimondminer11

This may sound dumb but is it possible to fix this by inserting a windows 10 bootable media? Im willing to try anything but scared to destroy other components

I mean, it couldnt hurt to try. Just remember that you will have to re-download everything again if it installs.

Update: I returned my mobo and bought a new one. Works perfectly now. I guess my main take away is I should take ESD seriously lol. Anws thanks guys.