First Rig Suggestions

Budget: £2000

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: competitive(cs:go, fortnite, overwatch) and casual(minecraft, GTA V)

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Mobo: Msi B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC (bluetooth is nice because I also use controller for a lot of games) but right now It's unavalable on amazon.co.uk so plan B is Asus ROG Strix B450-F Gaming + a bluetooth dongle

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X

CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock 4

RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 16GB 3600mhz cl16

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 Super Windforce OC 3X 8G

SSD: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB M.2

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5 inch

PSU: Corsair VS650 650w 80+ (non-modular psu because I will use sleeved extensions anyway)

Case: Cooler Master TD500 mesh white (3 included front ARGB fans. I will also buy a BeQuiet! 120mm Fan Pure Wings 2 PWM)

Mosue: Glorious model O matte white

Keyboard: HperX Alooy Origins Core (plus a wrist wrest, bought seperate)

Monitor: LG 27GL850 144Hz 1ms IPS

Others: XL Corsair Mouse Pad and a headphone splitter (due to the fact I have a headset and the case has two seperate ports)

Please let me know if you have any suggestions. Pretty sure everything is compatible except the msi board - the msi website says it can only handle memory with upto 3446mhz though I did some research and saw that lots of people said its fine. Still not 100% sure tbh (something might be unstable and what not)

I mean, that system is kind of overkill, but if you have 2000$ to spend on your PC. That would work for mostly any workload. In my opinion, I'd go for a NZXT CPU Cooler if you have a big budget, they look cooler and perform better.

1 minute ago, Xayrn said:

I mean, that system is kind of overkill, but if you have 2000$ to spend on your PC. That would work for mostly any workload. In my opinion, I'd go for a NZXT CPU Cooler if you have a big budget, they look cooler and perform better.

Thanks! Though I can't find any good PSUs right now (on amazon.co.uk or any of the bulgarian shops) I will wait a bit longer for a wider choice. Yes, the system IS pretty overkill but I was going for a PC that has better hardware so it can last a longer time before I need to change any parts and has a pretty good performance.

Just now, JustAGamer325 said:

Thanks! Though I can't find any good PSUs right now (on amazon.co.uk or any of the bulgarian shops) I will wait a bit longer for a wider choice. Yes, the system IS pretty overkill but I was going for a PC that has better hardware so it can last a longer time before I need to change any parts and has a pretty good performance.

Any Corsair or EVGA PSU that is like 550w+ and 80+ rated is fine. You can prob snag a good one for like 70-100 bucks.

13 minutes ago, JustAGamer325 said:

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB M.2

For gaming  I'd buy SATA3 1TB Crucial MX500 instead.

I edit my posts more often than not

9 minutes ago, gloop said:

Get rid of the shitty VS and get a RMx/BeQuiet equivalent. 

Can't really spend like £90 on a power supply (I've pretty much topped my budget) is an EVGA 600w fine? Again, I really dont need a modluar one as i have exensions. Or do you think I should  try and cheap out something else?

17 minutes ago, Xayrn said:

Any Corsair or EVGA PSU that is like 550w+ and 80+ rated is fine. You can prob snag a good one for like 70-100 bucks.

not every 80+ is fine. EVGA has some really shitty 80+ psus. check this tier list and see where different models are: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psucultists-psu-tier-list/

QUOTE ME  FOR ANSWER.

Main PC:

Spoiler

|Ryzen 7 3700x, OC to 4.2ghz @1.3V, 67C, or 4.4ghz @1.456V, 87C || Asus strix 5700 XT, +50 core, +50 memory, +50 power (not a great overclocker) || Asus Strix b550-A || G.skill trident Z Neo rgb 32gb 3600mhz cl16-19-19-19-39, oc to 3733mhz with the same timings || Cooler Master ml360 RGB AIO || Phanteks P500A Digital || Thermaltake ToughPower grand RGB750w 80+gold || Samsung 850 250gb and Adata SX 6000 Lite 500gb || Toshiba 5400rpm 1tb || Asus Rog Theta 7.1 || Asus Rog claymore || Asus Gladius 2 origin gaming mouse || Monitor 1 Asus 1080p 144hz || Monitor 2 AOC 1080p 75hz || 

Test Rig.

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 3400G || Gigabyte b450 S2H || Hyper X fury 2x4gb 2666mhz cl 16 ||Stock cooler || Antec NX100 || Silverstone essential 400w || Transgend SSD 220s 480gb ||

Just Sold

Spoiler

| i3 9100F || Msi Gaming X gtx 1050 TI || MSI Z390 A-Pro || Kingston 1x16gb 2400mhz cl17 || Stock cooler || Kolink Horizon RGB || Corsair CV 550w || Pny CS900 120gb ||

Tier lists for building a PC.

Motherboard tier list. Tier A for overclocking 5950x. Tier B for overclocking 5900x, Tier C for overclocking 5800X. Tier D for overclocking 5600X. Tier F for 4/6 core Cpus at stock. Tier E avoid.

(Also case airflow matter or if you are using Downcraft air cooler)

Spoiler

Gpu tier list. Rtx 3000 and RX 6000 not included since not so many reviews. Tier S for Water cooling. Tier A and B for overcloking. Tier C stock and Tier D avoid.

( You can overclock Tier C just fine, but it can get very loud, that is why it is not recommended for overclocking, same with tier D)

Spoiler

Psu tier List. Tier A for Rtx 3000, Vega and RX 6000. Tier B For anything else. Tier C cheap/IGPU. Tier D and E avoid.

(RTX 3000/ RX 6000 Might run just fine with higher wattage tier B unit, Rtx 3070 runs fine with tier B units)

Spoiler

Cpu cooler tier list. Tier 1&2 for power hungry Cpus with Overclock. Tier 3&4 for overclocking Ryzen 3,5,7 or lower power Intel Cpus. Tier 5 for overclocking low end Cpus or 4/6 core Ryzen. Tier 6&7 for stock. Tier 8&9 Ryzen stock cooler performance. Do not waste your money!

Spoiler

Storage tier List. Tier A for Moving files/  OS. Tier B for OS/Games. Tier C for games. Tier D budget Pcs. Tier E if on sale not the worst but not good.

(With a grain of salt, I use tier C for OS myself)

Spoiler

Case Tier List. Work In Progress. Most Phanteks airflow series cases already done!

Ask me anything :)

11 minutes ago, JustAGamer325 said:

Can't really spend like £90 on a power supply (I've pretty much topped my budget) is an EVGA 600w fine? Again, I really dont need a modluar one as i have exensions. Or do you think I should  try and cheap out something else?

you have a 2000 pound/euro/whatever budget, you have the money to spend extra on a better PSU. it's the one item that can completely destroy your rig if a crappy one stops working, the last thing you should do is cheap out on it.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

1 minute ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

you have a 2000 pound/euro/whatever budget, you have the money to spend extra on a better PSU. it's the one item that can completely destroy your rig if a crappy one stops working, the last thing you should do is cheap out on it.

I will try and get a corsair RM650X PSU though rn on amazon every unit is overpriced becuase there is a shortage of PSUs and everything is overpriced in Bulgaria anyway (I don't want to spend 150£ on a PSU that's worth more like 100. I might have a big budget but I dont want to spend unnecessary money) I'll wait and see if amazon restocks soon and sqeeze it in. Thanks for the suggestion!

22 minutes ago, JustAGamer325 said:

Can't really spend like £90 on a power supply

You already spent 2k$ on the whole PC, and then remembered that you need a PSU too ? If you can't get appropriate PSU for this build then save up and wait until you'll be able to afford to buy a decent PSU. Because running RTX2070 Super and R7 3700X on group regulated PSU is a recipe for big disappointment, if not disaster.

Check the tier list, that's what we made it for.

33 minutes ago, Xayrn said:

PSU quality doesn't correlate with it's efficiency rating and price. And while Corsair has pretty much only VS and CV lineups among bad ones, EVGA has a half of their lineup consisting of bad to meh stuff, you'll have better change picking garbage than a good one if you don't know better.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

3 hours ago, JustAGamer325 said:

I will try and get a corsair RM650X PSU though rn on amazon every unit is overpriced becuase there is a shortage of PSUs and everything is overpriced in Bulgaria anyway (I don't want to spend 150£ on a PSU that's worth more like 100. I might have a big budget but I dont want to spend unnecessary money) I'll wait and see if amazon restocks soon and sqeeze it in. Thanks for the suggestion!

550 watts will power basically any gaming pc, an RTX 2070 and 8 core Ryzen CPU fit very easily into that power budget.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad