So many different connections, what do they all mean?

curiousgamer121
Go to solution Solved by DakotaWebber,

1st usb Type c - can be used as an input at displayport 1.4 spec, or an output to another monitor for daisy chaining, can also be used (think of a usb hub) as the input for all the other usb outputs if you dont use the usb type b (downstream)

2nd usb type c - can be used as a normal usb type c connector for more ports (connects to your computer either through 1st type c or usb type b)

3 USB type a - can be used as normal usb ports (connects to computer through either 1st type c or usb type b)

1 USB type B - if you dont use the 1st type c connector, you can use this as the input (again think of a usb hub/dongle) for all the other usbs

So I built my PC in 2015. The most I am using is USB 2.0, USB 3.0 and HDMI. Now I'm looking at building a new rig and choosing a new monitor, and just looking at the connections of the monitor I've ordered, it's insane. So many different connections, mode names, upstream, downstream...what do all of these mean? I have tried Googling, but I got even more confused.

I would appreciate if someone could explain these in particular (ignore the minijack please lol):

image.thumb.png.22eec67b88c299bc55c97767773f44d8.png

1st usb Type c - can be used as an input at displayport 1.4 spec, or an output to another monitor for daisy chaining, can also be used (think of a usb hub) as the input for all the other usb outputs if you dont use the usb type b (downstream)

2nd usb type c - can be used as a normal usb type c connector for more ports (connects to your computer either through 1st type c or usb type b)

3 USB type a - can be used as normal usb ports (connects to computer through either 1st type c or usb type b)

1 USB type B - if you dont use the 1st type c connector, you can use this as the input (again think of a usb hub/dongle) for all the other usbs

CPU: i5-4690k @ 4.4 GHz | RAM: 12GB DDR3 1333MHz | GPU: Sapphire Pulse RX 580 4GB 

It looks like a Display Port in for starters, than a display port out for another monitor to be connected to. The usb 3.1 upstream basically means there are usb ports on your monitor (side) that you can use as a usb hub to be connected to your pc via usb 3.1

That covers abt. all the important things i can see.

At me or quote me, I want to hear your opinion.

Hopefully anything I say is factually correct. Sorry for any mistakes in advanced.