First Build H510i Build RTX 2070 Super GAMING X - Ryzen 3700x

Finally turned this pile of stuff into that magnificent pile of stuff! (pictures were taken on a tablet sorry for that @ShadowChaser (thanks for your help shadow i really appreciate it). I had to opt for the B450M Steel Legend motherboard to power the 3700x. (know its not 570x) i tried my best to get a motherboard but they were litteraly all sold out feel free to criticize but do understand that its not my choice i was under a time constraint to get a good pc so it had to be right away this was the best choice. Yea i dont know what else to add shes great :). Im waiting  currently on some Team T-Force Delta RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB). (will change from unicorn barf but it posted first try and im ecstatic)

IMG_20200605_054315.jpg

IMG_20200611_095342.jpg

IMG_20200611_095352.jpg

13 minutes ago, Heeelion said:

Finally turned this pile of stuff into that magnificent pile of stuff! (pictures were taken on a tablet sorry for that @ShadowChaser (thanks for your help shadow i really appreciate it). I had to opt for the B450M Steel Legend motherboard to power the 3700x. (know its not 570x) i tried my best to get a motherboard but they were litteraly all sold out feel free to criticize but do understand that its not my choice i was under a time constraint to get a good pc so it had to be right away this was the best choice. Yea i dont know what else to add shes great :). Im waiting  currently on some Team T-Force Delta RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB). (will change from unicorn barf but it posted first try and im ecstatic)

IMG_20200605_054315.jpg

IMG_20200611_095342.jpg

IMG_20200611_095352.jpg

Is there a question to this post or did you just want to show off your pc?

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

GPU: Gigabyte gtx 1660 Super oc 6g
Mobo:MSI b450 tomahawk max

RAM: 32gb ddr4 lpx vengeance 3200mhz

Storage: WD sn550 1tb, Baracuda 2TB HDD (*In use), Hitachi 2tb HDD, WD 0.5tb HDD (both HDD knackered)

PSU: cxm 450

Case: Corsair Carbide Series

3 minutes ago, KGGaming said:

Is there a question to this post or did you just want to show off your pc?

Build Logs

Show off your rig!

The primary goal of your build log is a written/photographic documentation of your build. If you want to include a video, please see the additional items below.

Did i miss something?

Just now, Heeelion said:

Build Logs

Show off your rig!

The primary goal of your build log is a written/photographic documentation of your build. If you want to include a video, please see the additional items below.

Did i miss something?

aw sry i didn't look at where this was put I thought you were asking for help with your build :)

What graphics cards do you have I see one whats the other one?

Storage: WD sn550 1tb, Baracuda 2TB HDD (*In use), Hitachi 2tb HDD, WD 0.5tb HDD (both HDD knackered)

25 minutes ago, KGGaming said:

aw sry i didn't look at where this was put I thought you were asking for help with your build :)

What graphics cards do you have I see one whats the other one?

Ahh ok i was new i thought i missed something about this branch. The second one is actually just a brace! but because the motherboard has a reinforced pci - e and it has a solid back it actually doesnt need it. Its just there to fill the space :D

Just now, Heeelion said:

Ahh ok i was new i thought i missed something about this branch. The second one is actually just a brace! but because the motherboard has a reinforced pci - e and it has a solid back it actually doesnt need it. Its just there to fill the space :D

Its there to add cosmetic points :)

1 minute ago, KGGaming said:

Its there to add cosmetic points :)

I have 3 noctua fans though but their colors dont match :( It would reduce the sound from the case though.

Just now, Heeelion said:

I have 3 noctua fans though but their colors dont match :( It would reduce the sound from the case though.

negative cosmetic points

1 minute ago, Heeelion said:

Hahaha

If your not care too much negative cosmetic points = bad performance    

As we all know RGB is performance

1 hour ago, KGGaming said:

If your not care too much negative cosmetic points = bad performance    

As we all know RGB is performance

I fixed it by using NZXT's software although at 20% these fans are still rockets. Their software doesnt let them run anywhere between 0 - 20% fan speed. But at the moment see no problem having them not running until 40 degrees. ( i will be monitoring gpu to see if it gets affected )

1 hour ago, Heeelion said:

-snip-

Good build but wire routing needs work. I hate that because it takes away from the effort you put into the build.

1 hour ago, kkpatel87 said:

Good build but wire routing needs work. I hate that because it takes away from the effort you put into the build.

can you be more specific? like the gpu etc. I still have yet to do the wiring on cpu cooler lol i know thats lazy. But i dont really have computer nerd friends that would even notice LOL EDIT : yea im well aware of the cpu wiring not being done and the gpu cord being a bit misplaced. other than that i think i did really good. Last couple hours ive just been stress testing everything and checking temps also have full control of rgb now. @kkpatel87 But please any feedback is appreciated! Do you guys think it takes away from the build not having the gpu upright mounted? I was going to but now that i see it, i dont feel it needs that extra flare I kinda like it like this.

Here are the notes i have:

• GPU power input is awful. You need to either change the power cable or create your own harness.
  • Not huge fan of that bracket since it is another cantilever beam. The silverstone bracket is hidden but very well built.
  • Main Mobo power looks so odd. I would use a adapter to change the angle.
  • I am thoroughly terrified to see what the basement and side panel look like
4 hours ago, Heeelion said:

yea im well aware of the cpu wiring not being done and the gpu cord being a bit misplaced.

Yeah....plz fix lol

Do you guys think it takes away from the build not having the gpu upright mounted?

Nah...regardless of the orientation, as long as there is no sag and the power cables are routed nicely, it doesnt matter

I still have yet to do the wiring on cpu cooler lol i know thats lazy. But i dont really have computer nerd friends that would even notice

Yeah but taking time to do it correctly and neatly shows care and attention to detail to me.  Also who case if your friends would notice? But if you are proud of it the way it is, then its fine.

12 hours ago, kkpatel87 said:

Here are the notes i have:

• GPU power input is awful. You need to either change the power cable or create your own harness.
  • Not huge fan of that bracket since it is another cantilever beam. The silverstone bracket is hidden but very well built.
  • Main Mobo power looks so odd. I would use a adapter to change the angle.
  • I am thoroughly terrified to see what the basement and side panel look like

Yeah....plz fix lol

Nah...regardless of the orientation, as long as there is no sag and the power cables are routed nicely, it doesnt matter

Yeah but taking time to do it correctly and neatly shows care and attention to detail to me.  Also who case if your friends would notice? But if you are proud of it the way it is, then its fine.

Thanks for the feedback! yea allot of the connectors limited me. But my PSU is second hand from a friend who has been using a laptop for the last couple of years since he started a family. He gave me a frikken 1000w platinum EVGA! 😮 it blew my mind lol (I payed shipping 20 bucks and some things on my stream) Lol. As for the back It is.. Not perfect but everything is routed correctly using the built in wiring system. If i had the patience and the knowledge i had about wire types going in. I never put much thought about it. I would have done wiring a different way. The layers seem to be important what goes under/over before and after etc. I had allot of drives though and the cables that came with the PSU didnt allow for 1 coverage so yea there are 2 sata cables tucked underneath creating a rats nest. But.. it was unavoidable.. (the computer supply for parts right now is CRAP in canada) so buying a PSU was no choice. Plus these cables are tough (they dont bend) 😧 although i do like the braiding . @kkpatel87 Ill keep what you said in mind. Im still curious in the upright mount. But with the lighting system inside it works well to have the metal back on the gpu that direction. I Would Love to get custom white wires 🤤. What custom kit would you put in as far as wires? also would you recommend a place? Is cable mod my only choice?

2 minutes ago, Heeelion said:

I Would Love to get custom white wires 🤤. What custom kit would you put in as far as wires? also would you recommend a place? Is cable mod my only choice?

I dont have much experience with custom cable kit providers so you might have to peruse the Power Supply subforum or get some advice elsewhere. I have heard cable mod mentioned positively from multiple sources so i would imagine that would be a good place to start.

I typically build my own wiring harnesses in an Mil/Aero manner for a variety of reasons but i personally despise individually sleeving wires and to have wiring harnesses built the way i specify would not be cost effective.

1 hour ago, kkpatel87 said:

I dont have much experience with custom cable kit providers so you might have to peruse the Power Supply subforum or get some advice elsewhere. I have heard cable mod mentioned positively from multiple sources so i would imagine that would be a good place to start.

I typically build my own wiring harnesses in an Mil/Aero manner for a variety of reasons but i personally despise individually sleeving wires and to have wiring harnesses built the way i specify would not be cost effective.

I can see why you dont like sleeved wiring and i concur ive seen the way it should be done. But it is a step up from the multicolored red and yellow and green you see on basic wiring. I wouldnt have such a big problem with this sleeved wiring inparticular if it wasnt so sturdy.. like there is no way i can hide it better. Ill take a look at cable mod i just want to see their competitors to. Im worried of buying cable mod because my other modular wiring didnt work with this PSU so im not sure what to expect as far as compatibility 

3 minutes ago, Heeelion said:

I can see why you dont like sleeved wiring and i concur ive seen the way it should be done. But it is a step up from the multicolored red and yellow and green you see on basic wiring. I wouldnt have such a big problem with this sleeved wiring inparticular if it wasnt so sturdy.. like there is no way i can hide it better. Ill take a look at cable mod i just want to see their competitors to. Im worried of buying cable mod because my other modular wiring didnt work with this PSU so im not sure what to expect as far as compatibility 

I don't believe individually sleeved wire is a step up. The intent of multicolor wire is to allow easy and effective identification of signal types. The only reason to individual sleeve cable is this current subjective fad of appearance. To me, form does not supersede function and that's why it is irritating to me when everyone says "ketchup and mustard" cables. That being said, i am definitely in the minority when it comes to that opinion haha.

Looking good! I'd make a few changes, though!

1. I'd run two dedicated PCIe cables to your GPU if you can, daisychaining isn't wrong, per se, but not optimal for power delivery.

2. With an aio the tubes should enter the radiator from the bottom and not the top - flip it 180 and you'll increase the longevity in most cases as the pump won't deal with as many air bubbles.

3. Reverse the airflow configuration using the rear and top fans as intakes and the front as exhaust. Weird, I know, but the front fans are actually rather choked if memory serves correct and you'll want to maximize airflow potential in that case.

And these are some nice to haves that you should totally look into:

1. Sleeved Cables or cable extensions - if you have a color scheme you're going for these help a lot! Though having black cables is at least better than ketchup and mustard

2. Get a better support bracket - the ones that attach to the rear pcie slots usually don't help much - try to find one that has a point that rests or attaches to the PSU shroud, or at least has a wider attachment area at the rear. The one you have doesn't look like it attaches across more than, say, an inch.

System is looking snazzy! Hope it serves you well!

Daily Driver: Asus ROG Flow X13 - 5900HS/3050 Ti

Primary Desktop: NCase M1 - 5800X3D/RX 6950XT

Travel PC: Fractal Terra - 5800X/RTX 3060 Ti

I have too many computers. List here.

On 6/14/2020 at 9:12 PM, ShadowChaser said:

Looking good! I'd make a few changes, though!

1. I'd run two dedicated PCIe cables to your GPU if you can, daisychaining isn't wrong, per se, but not optimal for power delivery.

2. With an aio the tubes should enter the radiator from the bottom and not the top - flip it 180 and you'll increase the longevity in most cases as the pump won't deal with as many air bubbles.

3. Reverse the airflow configuration using the rear and top fans as intakes and the front as exhaust. Weird, I know, but the front fans are actually rather choked if memory serves correct and you'll want to maximize airflow potential in that case.

And these are some nice to haves that you should totally look into:

1. Sleeved Cables or cable extensions - if you have a color scheme you're going for these help a lot! Though having black cables is at least better than ketchup and mustard

2. Get a better support bracket - the ones that attach to the rear pcie slots usually don't help much - try to find one that has a point that rests or attaches to the PSU shroud, or at least has a wider attachment area at the rear. The one you have doesn't look like it attaches across more than, say, an inch.

System is looking snazzy! Hope it serves you well!

So im a bit confused by the aio thing as ever linus tech tips episode he mounts them to the top.. and its suppose to make noise if there are bubbles and there is absolutely none! also my temps are better than ones posted by other people whilst boosting with this chip! none of my parts go over 65 degrees on max load with a custom fan of 40% max. Except on the GPU which does it by itself but its so efficient im in awe. For anyone reading get yourself the MSI Gaming X its fantastic. I fixed my bracket! it supports it now! it was user error that it wasnt reaching! i will update with more pictures! 

Also i plan on getting a cable extension mod its like 40 bucks CAD so its well worth it. But yea the AIO thing still confuses me. Ive watched him build tons of computers and he always mounts to the top.. Also i dont know why they design them the way they do if it was better mounted below the pipes wouldnt be long enough to reach in even my small atx case? id like some more info that xD EDIT :  Skip to 5:31

26 minutes ago, Heeelion said:

So im a bit confused by the aio thing as ever linus tech tips episode he mounts them to the top.. and its suppose to make noise if there are bubbles and there is absolutely none! also my temps are better than ones posted by other people whilst boosting with this chip! none of my parts go over 65 degrees on max load with a custom fan of 40% max. Except on the GPU which does it by itself but its so efficient im in awe. For anyone reading get yourself the MSI Gaming X its fantastic. I fixed my bracket! it supports it now! it was user error that it wasnt reaching! i will update with more pictures! 

Also i plan on getting a cable extension mod its like 40 bucks CAD so its well worth it. But yea the AIO thing still confuses me. Ive watched him build tons of computers and he always mounts to the top.. Also i dont know why they design them the way they do if it was better mounted below the pipes wouldnt be long enough to reach in even my small atx case? id like some more info that xD EDIT :  Skip to 5:31

23 hours ago, Heeelion said:

-snip-

so when your aio is at the front it's better for the tubes to be on the bottom. GN did a thing about this a while back but it's accepted as generally good practice. When the rad is on the top of the case it obviously won't matter. When the rad is at the front and the tubes are on top it's easier and more likely for bubbles to get into the pump as time goes on, so even if it's fine and quiet now if may become louder over time more so than in the other orientation. It's less about the fans and more about how coolant flows and where the air bubbles are likely to be.

Daily Driver: Asus ROG Flow X13 - 5900HS/3050 Ti

Primary Desktop: NCase M1 - 5800X3D/RX 6950XT

Travel PC: Fractal Terra - 5800X/RTX 3060 Ti

I have too many computers. List here.