Bad Motherboard?

yash sharma

My PC has been crashing a lot. It happens randomly, but I can make it happen when I restart my pc. It also happens when I go in a loading screen in GTA. I swapped out my RAM, psu, and hard drive. All that did nothing :(. I searched symptoms of a bad motherboard, and they came pretty close to my issues. It would crash every few weeks in the past, but now it crashes every hour or so. That made me think it was the hard drive, but replacing that didn't help. All that's left to replace is CPU, GPU, and mobo. When it crashes then all the ports and stuff turn off too. Can I get another opinion of what it could be? Thx.

would help if we knew more details about the system. Have you tried flashing the BIOS?

Cpu: Ryzen 1300x

Mobo: ASRock a320m Pro4

Gpu: Gigabyte Gtx 1050ti

PSU: EVGA 450bt

Drives: Seagate Barracuda 2tb(old drive)

Samsung 850 evo 250gb(new drive)

RAM: Samsung 16gb DDR4(Don't know the model)

I re installed the OS and I reset/ updated the BIOS. 

Can you please run CPUID HWMonitor and give us the voltages under load and at idle please?

44 minutes ago, maksic87 said:

Can you please run CPUID HWMonitor and give us the voltages under load and at idle please?

First one is under load and second is idle. I did a prime95 torture test for the first pic.

l.PNG

i.PNG

When there's a lot of load going on, and I close the game which was giving all the stress, it crashes. Idk if that helps but I just wanted to say it just in case it points to something. 

There was a similar issue a few weeks back, similar symptoms. Person resolved it by replacing the board.

As for the voltages, they are fine, could be better but they look good. 

If you have another board to use to test the components that would be awesome.

Before that please use the AMD cleanup tool, remove all AMD drivers, remove Nvidia display driver, reboot, install AMD chipset drivers,  and then run windows update, reboot, then install the GPU driver and test. This might not help but better try this then go ahead of yourself and spend money on a new mobo. This one might be good too.

K i'll try that. I'll probably have to get a new board but I'll still try. I have another question. If I swap the CPU over, do I need to put on new thermal paste? My PC is a little more than 2 years old and it's the original thermal paste that came with the stock cooler.

Nope, that didn't help. I'll just order the new board then.

50 minutes ago, yash sharma said:

K i'll try that. I'll probably have to get a new board but I'll still try. I have another question. If I swap the CPU over, do I need to put on new thermal paste? My PC is a little more than 2 years old and it's the original thermal paste that came with the stock cooler.

I would change it, but that's me, I love to change the paste whenever cpu swaps a board. OCD...

1 hour ago, maksic87 said:

I would change it, but that's me, I love to change the paste whenever cpu swaps a board. OCD...

K I’ll get some thermal paste too. 

• 3 weeks later...