Ram troubleshooting

Hey all,

I started having an issue of my 32 gb of ram not booting anymore so I tested all 4 sticks of 8 gbs alone in dual and one by one.  They all work in separate combinations but not all 4 at once.  So I swapped my Asus b450f for an ASRock x570 I had for another system and same issue followed.

Any ideas on how to fix it?  The 32 gb of ram were running fine for 5 months and then stopped working all of a sudden.  It is the same as the link below except it's 2 black dims and 2 white dims.  They are the same frequency, timings and model from Corsair that worked for a while until they stopped.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0143UM4TC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apap_2WKOA4mAgFdNM

Any help is appreciated, I am limiting what I do to not max out the 16 gb I have right now currently.

test each module one by one with Memtest86.

one module might be broken.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

Sometime it boots up and run like normal after an overclock...the sets are sold for 2x8gb and only test to work ar the advertised frequency in that configuration...maybe it wasn't stable at all when you run it in 4 stick mode..just until now that the problem surfaced...also take a look at this video...there's more detail on how the motherboard layout affect adding ram to the other 2 slots..ryzen motherboards are daisy chain...

Try reset the bios and run at stock speed...

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen™ 7 3700X 4.3Ghz (-0.1V)
  • Motherboard
    MSI MEG X570 ACE
  • RAM
    G.SKILL Trident Z Royal Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) F4-3200C16D-32GTRS
  • GPU
    GeForce RTX™ 3060 EAGLE OC 12G (rev. 2.0)
  • Case
    Cooler Master MASTERBOX MB520 ARGB + Cooler Master MasterFan MF120R ARGB
  • Storage
    ADATA XPG SX8100 2TB PCIe Gen3x4 M.2 2280 SSD
    ADATA Ultimate SU800 2TB 2.5" SSD
    Toshiba X300 4TB 7200 RPM 128MB Cache
    TOSHIBA MG06 (MG06ACA10TE) 10TB 3.5 Inch 7200RPM Enterprise SATA Hard Drive
  • PSU
    Cooler Master MWE GOLD 750 FULL MODULAR
  • Display(s)
    Acer KG271B Gaming Monitor (HDR Ready 27" 1920X1080 240Hz) + MSI PRO MP241
  • Cooling
    Cooler Master MASTERLIQUID ML240R RGB
  • Keyboard
    MSI Vigor GK80 RED GAMING KEYBOARD
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red Edition Wired Laser Mouse
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Home
  • Router
    Asus ROG Rapture GT-AX 11000

12 hours ago, ZephCloud said:

Sometime it boots up and run like normal after an overclock...the sets are sold for 2x8gb and only test to work ar the advertised frequency in that configuration...maybe it wasn't stable at all when you run it in 4 stick mode..just until now that the problem surfaced...also take a look at this video...there's more detail on how the motherboard layout affect adding ram to the other 2 slots..ryzen motherboards are daisy chain...

Try reset the bios and run at stock speed...

I have the 2700x running at stock speeds, no overclocks done on my end at all.  Only reason why I went with that 2x8 was since at the time I never needed more than 16gb until now.  I'm guessing there is no going around this unless buying again right or  running 3 sticks for 24 as that does work. 

Update, I have 24gb of ram running.  I know this is not efficient but its working for me right now.  I tried every stick combination and they all work together but not 4 together.