Suggestions?

TristenM
Just now, Axeonelite said:

This is simply a false statement. I would suggest you not fill his head with such BS. I have seen first hand from experience and various youtube videos if you are gaming even older i3's and i5's can still tread water. Maybe not the best experience but they are certainly not outdated and obsolete by any means. Please don't encourage the toxic upgrade cycle  so prevalent in the hardware space. His processor will handle it fine. 

That's simply not true? Look at games like battlefield V or the new call of duty. Just to name a couple. They don't run well at all on quad cores (still get 60 fps or more but with a lot of stuttering and fps drops) and the stuttering also still happens on the 6 core i5 just less as those are also maxed out.

1 minute ago, TristenM said:

No need to get heated with each other,

i appreciate all perspectives and the help I’m receiving, fortunately I’m not completely dense when it comes to other aspects of components.

power, wattage & voltage just is foreign to me and honestly the biggest part of what I don’t fully understand yet with PCs, but I’ll get there. 

Pretty much let this psu tier list help you :p. Just get b tier or better units and you'll be fine.

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

Pretty much let this psu tier list help you :p. Just get b tier or better units and you'll be fine.

Seems fair mate, again - appreciate your help. 

Just now, TristenM said:

Seems fair mate, again - appreciate your help. 

No problem

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

That's simply not true? Look at games like battlefield V or the new call of duty. Just to name a couple. They don't run well at all on quad cores (still get 60 fps or more but with a lot of stuttering and fps drops) and the stuttering also still happens on the 6 core i5 just less as those are also maxed out.

I am no longer going to reply to your information as I don't agree. 

As far as OP post's you'll do fine in the OC space. You're in a good mindset to learn. Get yourself a better PSU yes and then try to learn the fundementals. This is not an OC dedicated forum but you can find some good information here. Try to go to dedicated spaces for your CPU to get the groundwork to see how it can affect specific components, but really be focuses on learning the fundamentals. Unfortunately I can not advise on that too  much as I am not an expert but I wish the the best in your OC journey and wish you many frames and bountiful render times. 

Spoiler

i7-6700k OC'd 4.5Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1070 SC

6 minutes ago, Axeonelite said:

I am no longer going to reply to your information as I don't agree. 

As far as OP post's you'll do fine in the OC space. You're in a good mindset to learn. Get yourself a better PSU yes and then try to learn the fundementals. This is not an OC dedicated forum but you can find some good information here. Try to go to dedicated spaces for your CPU to get the groundwork to see how it can affect specific components, but really be focuses on learning the fundamentals. Unfortunately I can not advise on that too  much as I am not an expert but I wish the the best in your OC journey and wish you many frames and bountiful render times. 

Thank you again, honestly. 

I wish I had a way to tip you lol. 

Just now, TristenM said:

Thank you again, honestly. 

I wish I had a way to tip you lol. 

lol no tip required. PM me that way we aren't bumping old threads if you need any more help. I will try my best. 

Spoiler

i7-6700k OC'd 4.5Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1070 SC