Steam error-

Yashiees

Hi- Just today when I opened my laptop, I've been getting this error when I click on csgo (Not from steam) from the shortcut.

Even when I click on STEAM itselff it shows the same error message.

I cant get steam open this error keeps popping up.

Any help? Thanks in advance.

SharedScreenshot.thumb.jpg.741f9ebca944211efebd7c45e09de576.jpg

You have a shortcut that references "steam://rungameid/730". Windows doesn't know what to do with it, meaning it doesn't know it should open the game from your Steam library. Sounds like the association of this type of shortcut is gone from your Windows registry. I'd assume Steam isn't installed properly.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

1 hour ago, Eigenvektor said:

You have a shortcut that references "steam://rungameid/730". Windows doesn't know what to do with it, meaning it doesn't know it should open the game from your Steam library. Sound like the association of this type of shortcut is gone from your Windows registry. I'd assume Steam isn't installed properly.

ah, should I re-install steam fully then?

1 minute ago, Yashiees said:

ah, should I re-install steam fully then?

That's probably the easiest solution, yes

2 hours ago, Eigenvektor said:

That's probably the easiest solution, yes

2 hours ago, LunaP0n3 said:

Seems like Steam isn't recognizing the launch URL. Reinstall Steam and see if it persists.

I have reinstalled it. It installed But now this shows up when i click on steam

image.png.4b8e7cd5de96a535eefd3eb2aee97837.png

31 minutes ago, Yashiees said:

I have reinstalled it. It installed But now this shows up when i click on steam

image.png.4b8e7cd5de96a535eefd3eb2aee97837.png

Did you install Steam on C:? Can you open Explorer and see if there's a Steam.exe in that location?

Right now your Steam shortcut is a link to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe", but apparently the executable is not in that location. If you installed it somewhere else you'd have to update the shortcut. If you did install it to C: it would seem your Windows installation is having some issues.

2 hours ago, Eigenvektor said:

Did you install Steam on C:? Can you open Explorer and see if there's a Steam.exe in that location?

Right now your Steam shortcut is a link to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe", but apparently the executable is not in that location. If you installed it somewhere else you'd have to update the shortcut. If you did install it to 😄 it would seem your Windows installation is having some issues.

yeah its installed on the c drive.

I dont know what to do.

image.png.af9e902d3cb76258d52faa23aeaa1f58.png

I am having the same issue. I also had a Microsoft Office issue with the same error. Microsoft remotely edited the registry, now I am having this issue with another Steam game (Rocket League). I can't uninstall Steam as the system gives me an error, seems like it doesn't know it exists on the system.

On 6/10/2020 at 2:06 PM, Eigenvektor said:

Right now your Steam shortcut is a link to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe", but apparently the executable is not in that location. If you installed it somewhere else you'd have to update the shortcut. If you did install it to 😄 it would seem your Windows installation is having some issues.

Mines still not solved, my avast cleanup premium deleted my "broken" registry keys before all this happened.