PSU Installation

Premsanity

I am finally onto my PSU after a good 10hrs of me trying to wire the internal wires of my PC build (who actually knows if they are right, lol) but besides that I’m on to the PSU, where yet again I’m lost in what cords I need and don’t need. ‘I know the generic stuff like the Motherboard port, CPU port, and GPU port but I have no idea what the rest of the wires are and which ones I actually need. 
Specs:

Intel i9 9900k 

EVGA FTW3 ULTRA HYBRID RTX 2080 Ti

Corsair H115i Pro RGB

Samsung 970 EVO PLUS

Corsair HX750i

Cooler Master Masterbox K500

Asus Rog Strix Z390-E

I’m assuming I need way more than what I have plugged in but idk what 

image.jpg

image.jpg

No, I think you got everything.

Depending on the storage device you use, you only need the following:

• 24 - pin for the motherboard
  • 8 - pin for the CPU
  • 6 or 8 - pin for the graphics card (Your graphics card might require two of them)
  • (SATA) if you have a SATA drive

As far as I can see you plugged all of those into your PSU.

3 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

No, I think you got everything.

Depending on the storage device you use, you only need the following:

• 24 - pin for the motherboard
  • 8 - pin for the CPU
  • 6 or 8 - pin for the graphics card (Your graphics card might require two of them)
  • (SATA) if you have a SATA drive

As far as I can see you plugged all of those into your PSU.

Oh alright thank you 

The easiest way is to connect everything on the motherboard, GPU and drives and then take what you have and connect them to the psu at the very end, this could also help with installing the psu in the case if there isn't a lot of space (by blugging the cables when the psu is still outside and then putting it in.

Looks good to go. 

Just an FYI, not to be a bummer but there is an issue with the ASUS ROG STRIX Z390 boards that I think still hasn't been fixed. I had the ROG STRIX Z390 - E before I replaced it with the Z390 Aorus Master. It would randomly not display on cold boot and would light the VGA led, it happened with multiple cards and processors, and even an RMA. I lived with it a year and half and couldn't find the problem. I am a computer technician and replaced or tested everything it could be, it turned out to be a firmware issue with ASUS boards as the Z390-F has the same problem. I waited from release until about 3 months ago for it to be fixed or addressed and it never was so I just got a new board. I think it doesn't affect all boards but if you do have that issue make sure to RMA or return it for a different board. Just giving you a heads up.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

5 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Looks good to go. 

Just an FYI, not to be a bummer but there is an issue with the ASUS ROG STRIX Z390 boards that I think still hasn't been fixed. I had the ROG STRIX Z390 - E before I replaced it with the Z390 Aorus Master. It would randomly not display on cold boot and would light the VGA led, it happened with multiple cards and processors, and even an RMA. I lived with it a year and half and couldn't find the problem. I am a computer technician and replaced or tested everything it could be, it turned out to be a firmware issue with ASUS boards as the Z390-F has the same problem. I waited from release until about 3 months ago for it to be fixed or addressed and it never was so I just got a new board. I think it doesn't affect all boards but if you do have that issue make sure to RMA or return it for a different board. Just giving you a heads up.

Will do thank you for the Info