I FEEL LIKE THE ALIENWARE LAPTOP WORLD SHOULD KNOW ABOUT THIS!!!!!

Ok so I have had a AW17R4 for a few months now, and I have had issues getting it to perform the way it should. Now through lots of searching and asking people I knew I pretty much fixed my issues. But if you go to your control panel and to the power options menu then to edit plan settings. From there go to change advance power settings find processor power management find maximum processor state and change it from 100% to 95% you will see a drop in temps and no effect on performance as far as I can see. Please let me know if this works on all laptops try and I hope this helps everyone who is having thermal issues.

2 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

Ok so I have had a AW17R4 for a few months now, and I have had issues getting it to perform the way it should. Now through lots of searching and asking people I knew I pretty much fixed my issues. But if you go to your control panel and to the power options menu then to edit plan settings. From there go to change advance power settings find processor power management find maximum processor state and change it from 100% to 95% you will see a drop in temps and no effect on performance as far as I can see. Please let me know if this works on all laptops try and I hope this helps everyone who is having thermal issues.

Dropping down to even 95% max processor state will disable turbo for most laptops. It will be at 95% of base speed and not higher. It will help in temperatures though.

Dropping from 100% to 99% performance state reduces your clockspeed considerably as Turbo is disabled. You'll usually lose 40-50% of your performance on a modern laptop.

not true I am still running full clock speeds

oh and those temps are after several hours of playing apex legends.

You should make sure you know what your talking about before you jump on a forum and sound not so smart...