Need some help

kebabmilfs

I have an old Samsung galaxy s7 which has some important photos in the internal storage, I would like to transfer them onto my computer. I broke the phone's LCD a while ago and as far as I know everything else works, so I can connect it to my computer but I can't enable the setting which allows my computer to access data on my phone's internal storage, any solutions?

Photos should automatically be backed up to Google Photos, but if you can unlock the phone you can just plug it in and it will mount as a drive you can look through. Should, at minimum, find your photos.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

6 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Photos should automatically be backed up to Google Photos, but if you can unlock the phone you can just plug it in and it will mount as a drive you can look through. Should, at minimum, find your photos.

It recognizes my phone as a charging device, I can unlock it. For it to be recognized as an external storage, I need to enable a setting which allowed data to be transferred via USB. 

7 minutes ago, kebabmilfs said:

It recognizes my phone as a charging device, I can unlock it. For it to be recognized as an external storage, I need to enable a setting which allowed data to be transferred via USB. 

Are your photos backed up? No way to bypass this setting, gotta enable it on the phone. Unless you want to replace the display or have your stuff backed up, you aren't getting them back.

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

1 minute ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Are your photos backed up? No way to bypass this setting, gotta enable it on the phone. Unless you want to replace the display or have your stuff backed up, you aren't getting them back.

Sadly no, they aren't backed up. Thanks for the help.

50 minutes ago, kebabmilfs said:

Sadly no, they aren't backed up. Thanks for the help.

Yeah, sorry. You'll have to replace the display. Maybe borrow one from a repair shop?

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈