Sudden GPU temp increase?

Coldness

Hey guys! So my GPU is Gigabyte RTX 2080 windforce 8GB. I mainly play World of warcraft Battle for Azeroth and I've noticed some wierd thing that bothers me. I always run MSI afterbuner on background to monitor the temps and usage, except I haven't run afterburner for a month or so. I game on Ultrawide Acer x34p with game settings on ultra and since day one I build my PC the temp in this specific game on this settings never extended 71C. Couple of days ago I decided to run MSI afterburner on background again just to check how are the temps. CPU temp is the same as always: 55-60C (CPU is watercooled) however for some reason my GPU started going up to 75C and I know that this is probably nothing but I its just bothers me that there is no obvious reason for that... I havent changed anything in my PC, my case is Coolermaster H500P white mesh and the airflow is pretty good, I even removed the side glass panel to see if there is a issue with the airflow but the temp on the GPU reminded the same - 75C. Do you guys think this can be caused by driver / windows update or something or there is a issue with my GPU? I forgot to mention that GPU is 1year+ old now.

14 minutes ago, Coldness said:

Hey guys! So my GPU is Gigabyte RTX 2080 windforce 8GB. I mainly play World of warcraft Battle for Azeroth and I've noticed some wierd thing that bothers me. I always run MSI afterbuner on background to monitor the temps and usage, except I haven't run afterburner for a month or so. I game on Ultrawide Acer x34p with game settings on ultra and since day one I build my PC the temp in this specific game on this settings never extended 71C. Couple of days ago I decided to run MSI afterburner on background again just to check how are the temps. CPU temp is the same as always: 55-60C (CPU is watercooled) however for some reason my GPU started going up to 75C and I know that this is probably nothing but I its just bothers me that there is no obvious reason for that... I havent changed anything in my PC, my case is Coolermaster H500P white mesh and the airflow is pretty good, I even removed the side glass panel to see if there is a issue with the airflow but the temp on the GPU reminded the same - 75C. Do you guys think this can be caused by driver / windows update or something or there is a issue with my GPU? I forgot to mention that GPU is 1year+ old now.

It could be a dust buildup issue in the heatsink if it hasn't been cleaned for a while. Unless you've applied a new bios/done driver updates/messed about with some sliders on afterburner without realising it's the only thing I can really think of 😃.

Main System:

Ryzen 2700X | ASUS STRIX RX 580 8GB | ASUS STRIX B450-F | ADATA GAMMIX ZPG 256GB NVME SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD | Phanteks P400A Black | 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 3200 MHZ (yes I'm an idiot I know) | 6 x DEEPCOOL RF120 | Thermaltake 750W RGB PSU | G502 Proteus Spektrum

On 6/6/2020 at 2:56 PM, MattFiddaman said:

It could be a dust buildup issue in the heatsink if it hasn't been cleaned for a while. Unless you've applied a new bios/done driver updates/messed about with some sliders on afterburner without realising it's the only thing I can really think of 😃.

I've cleaned my PC like 2 months ago but just to be sure I've opened up the PC yesterday and removed the card. Using a airblower I maked sure there is no dust in the heatsink and also I noticed there is a little bit of dust on the back side of the GPU fans which I also cleared using brush. I put the card back and check the temps again... no change sadly. Is 73-75C under 80-95% load a bad temperature and should I be worried? Thanks for the suggestion btw

I also forgot to mention that I haven't installed any BIOS update only the win10 updates and nvidia drivers, also I haven't touched anything in nvidia panel.

So the 2080 GPU is said to have a maximum threshold of 88c with staying under 80 being recommended long term usage.

I'd say you're in the safe range in the fan speed isn't maxed out. They will ramp up if the firmware calls for additional active cooling.

Do keep in mind that the Delta T may not have changed. Meaning, relatively speaking if your home is warmer, expect the GPU to rise in temp as well. The only question to ask yourself is this "How consistent is the room temperature?"