Online Shopping problem

Go to solution Solved by Tamesh16,

I called the company, it was a problem with the website, no correlation i suppose

Hello all, 

so i have been doing some online shopping for my mom, i gave her a computer but she is not really good at using it so she prefers if i do her shopping, she lives in new york, but i am away for school in the caribbean, so some items i cant view from stores, like Macys, so i just use a VPN (Express vpn) 

however today i had my location changed by accident to Washington and when i tried to reach the Macys site it showed a screen saying i cant access this URL from this server i didnt get to screen cap it, but its very similar to one shown below 

Solved: Forbidden You don't have permission to access / o ...

i checked and the site worked in incognito so i then cleared most of my browser data and all previous searches/history of being on macys.com, and it worked, however since then my mother's card stopped worked, it was fine just couple of days ago, and i didnt re enter any card details, it was saved to the account which worked previously 

i am just wondering if there is any correlation between these events, because her card stopped working on a different site coachoutlet.com , it said

"YOUR ORDER COULD NOT BE SUBMITTED. PLEASE VERIFY YOUR INFORMATION AND TRY AGAIN, OR TRY ANOTHER PAYMENT METHOD"

even though nothing changed, all the card info was the same that worked days ago,  the bank so far says the card it fine so, yeah if there is a connection between changing my location, maybe a fraud protection system, i am not sure

i try not to order on weird site usually, i only ever used Amazon mostly before, these location change errors are new to me 

PC: Alienware 15 R3  Cpu: 7700hq  GPu : 1070 OC   Display: 1080p IPS Gsync panel 60hz  Storage: 970 evo 250 gb / 970 evo plus 500gb

Audio: Sennheiser HD 6xx  DAC: Schiit Modi 3E Amp: Schiit Magni Heresy

so to conclude, VPN changed location, site didn't work, you cleared cache and cookie which made the site work again, but now your CC won't work even though it is saved in the system.

If that's correct, it could very likely be a fraud concern as your card company is suddenly seeing the card being used in a different state. I would call the bank, let them know you're using a VPN, let them know what location that VPN is set to and see if they can make it work. If not call macys, but this is a last resort as I almost guarantee they'll say, "IDK, call the bank"

Last Last resort is turning the vpn off and see if it works, but that kind of defeats the purpose. 

OOH just thought of another. Use the card to buy gift cards online for the stores you want to purchase and then use those gift cards on the shopping sites.

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

6 minutes ago, Jtalk4456 said:

so to conclude, VPN changed location, site didn't work, you cleared cache and cookie which made the site work again, but now your CC won't work even though it is saved in the system.

Yes exactly right 

6 minutes ago, Jtalk4456 said:

it could very likely be a fraud concern as your card company is suddenly seeing the card being used in a different state. I would call the bank, let them know you're using a VPN, let them know what location that VPN is set to and see if they can make it work

I will try this and see how it goes

PC: Alienware 15 R3  Cpu: 7700hq  GPu : 1070 OC   Display: 1080p IPS Gsync panel 60hz  Storage: 970 evo 250 gb / 970 evo plus 500gb

I called the company, it was a problem with the website, no correlation i suppose