Looking for AMD GPU Suggestions

Zettsyuk

First post, apologies if this is not allowed.

I just bought a Ryzen 5 3600 and am looking for a good AMD GPU suggestion. I was looking at the 5700 XT but would love to hear other suggestions. I have an MSI 1080p monitor that has 144hz and Freesync so I'd love to take advantage of both features. I mainly play Warzone, Hunt: Showdown, CS, Valorant and Battlefield games. I am currently running a GTX 1060 3GB. I'd like to keep the price around $600 CAD but if a cheaper card will do the trick I'd love to save the money obviously.

Thanks in advance guys!

The 5600XT (with the 14Gbps memory VBIOS) comes in at around the same price as the RTX 2060 while performing slightly better. But, if you can afford the 5700XT, I'd say get that, it's a great card - nearly 2070 Super performance for 100 USD less.

That being said, Nvidia's Ampere and AMD's RDNA2 are most likely coming in late Q3/early Q4, so it might be worth holding on to your money, as you might be getting a lot more for your money then.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

23 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Save your money for now and get a card in September when RTX 3000 and Nvai2 come

Never thought of that. I guess the 5700xt would come down in price too by then.

24 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

The 5600XT (with the 14Gbps memory VBIOS) comes in at around the same price as the RTX 2060 while performing slightly better. But, if you can afford the 5700XT, I'd say get that, it's a great card - nearly 2070 Super performance for 100 USD less.

That being said, Nvidia's Ampere and AMD's RDNA2 are most likely coming in late Q3/early Q4, so it might be worth holding on to your money, as you might be getting a lot more for your money then.

Thanks for the suggestion! Do you think the 5600 XT would run 144Hz okay?

2 hours ago, Zettsyuk said:

Thanks for the suggestion! Do you think the 5600 XT would run 144Hz okay?

Depends on the game. CSGO? Sure. Witcher 3? Nope