Hey Saviors !!

I currently have a PC with the following specs

Mobo : Intel desktop board - DH61HO

CPU : Pentium G630

Ram DDR3 - 1066 MHz - 4GB

Storage : Kingston 240GB A400 SSD

PSU : Zebronics 450W 

According to Intel documentation on the DH61HO it supports 2nd and 3rd Gen CPUs and I wanna use either the i3 3240 or the i5 3470s. But I'm not sure if I'll be needing a BIOS update to use these CPUs. These CPUs are definately compatible with my mobo because I've verified with Intel's documentation. But I'm worried about the BIOS update. Another thing is , I wanna add a GPU. I have a PCIe X16 slot available. I'm not sure which GPU to choose. I was thinking the GT 1030. 

Please help me !!! I really want to upgrade the CPU.....

DH61HO Intel documentation on supported CPUs - https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/boardsandkits/desktop-boards/DH61HO.pdf

i3 3240 Intel documentation

-https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/65690/intel-core-i3-3240-processor-3m-cache-3-40-ghz.html

i5 3470s Intel documentation

-https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/68315/intel-core-i5-3470s-processor-6m-cache-up-to-3-60-ghz.html

Just update the bios then?

If you are thinking of gt 1030, absolutely get only the GDDR5 version, ddr4 version is not worth looking at.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

2 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

If you are thinking of gt 1030, absolutely get only the GDDR5 version, ddr4 version is not worth looking at.

Since it's a really old Mobo, I'm not sure if the right BIOS update files are available ☹️☹️☹️

4 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

In the supported CPU list I attached, which 2nd Gen CPU would you recommend ??

3 minutes ago, MAK2299 said:

Since it's a really old Mobo, I'm not sure if the right BIOS update files are available ☹️☹️☹️

aa, someone more experienced with old intel flashing has to help you with that then...

2 minutes ago, MAK2299 said:

In the supported CPU list I attached, which 2nd Gen CPU would you recommend ??

The best one you can find for cheap on your local used market. Probably not every single one is available.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

1 minute ago, Origami Cactus said:

aa, someone more experienced with old intel flashing has to help you with that then...

The best one you can find for cheap on your local used market. Probably not every single one is available.

i3 2120 is available 

-https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/53426/intel-core-i3-2120-processor-3m-cache-3-30-ghz.html

What do you think ??

@MAK2299

Main: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti, 16 GB 4400 MHz DDR4 Fedora 38 x86_64

Secondary: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Fedora 38 x86_64

Server: AMD Athlon PRO 3125GE, 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 ECC, TrueNAS Core 13.0-U5.1

Home Laptop: Intel Core i5-L16G7, 8 GB 4267 MHz LPDDR4x, Windows 11 Home 22H2 x86_64

Work Laptop: Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA Quadro P520, 8 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Windows 10 Pro 22H2 x86_64

12 minutes ago, svmlegacy said:

@MAK2299

Thanks !!! I'll contact that user and see how his upgrade went and maybe if he had to update the BIOS he might have the file !!