Idle temps?

So I got my new case in today. Moved everything over. 

But for some reason, my Idle temp stays at 40 degrees. Doesn't go any lower then that. Before I switched, it would be at around 25-27 on idle.

But when I did 15 mins of Cinebench R20, temps stayed around 50-52 load. Then I went to OCCT within 10 secs and same thing after 15 mins. Load temps are the same. Nothing changed there.

I don't know if my idle temps are reading proper. As you can see OCCT lowest said 28 but in HWMonitor is says 50. HWMonitor was running when I was running both Cinebench R20 and OCCT. 

I went from a Phanteks Enthoo Pro M *Mid Tower* to the Phanteks 719. 

CPU cooler is a NH-D15 running a single fan. 

OCCT.jpg

You have load temps people would die for.

Idle temps, wouldn't worry about. Maybe give the TIM a couple days to push out a bit.

Try using HWInfo64 instead of HWMonitor. Your boost readings are way high for that chip.

I did a couple restarts, and it seems to be reading proper now. On OCCT, Core Temp, HWMonitor and HWInfo64 *just installed it*. My idle temps are back to what they were before. 

Yeah, everyone likes my load temps. When I use both fans on my D15, I get about max temps of 47-48. I've actually had people say they don't believe me that I have temps like that for an air cooler. 

I've actually had my boost speed hit 7GHz on all cores once. Not sure if it was error or what. I haven't had any issues with it at all.

1 hour ago, Shisimona said:

I did a couple restarts, and it seems to be reading proper now. On OCCT, Core Temp, HWMonitor and HWInfo64 *just installed it*. My idle temps are back to what they were before. 

Yeah, everyone likes my load temps. When I use both fans on my D15, I get about max temps of 47-48. I've actually had people say they don't believe me that I have temps like that for an air cooler. 

I've actually had my boost speed hit 7GHz on all cores once. Not sure if it was error or what. I haven't had any issues with it at all.

HWMonitor is known for false reporting. HWinfo64 should be pretty consistent and accurate for you.

Seems like a pretty reasonable voltage relevant to the clock speed. My 2700x 3.7ghz p-state is 1.212v. Runs super cool. Little different story at 4ghz and up. The voltage scaling goes crappy.

1 hour ago, ShrimpBrime said:

HWMonitor is known for false reporting. HWinfo64 should be pretty consistent and accurate for you.

Seems like a pretty reasonable voltage relevant to the clock speed. My 2700x 3.7ghz p-state is 1.212v. Runs super cool. Little different story at 4ghz and up. The voltage scaling goes crappy.

Yeah, above 4GHz, it starts getting a little power hungry. I did get it to 4.4GHz but my voltage was near 1.5v. A little much. I did run OCCT and Cinebench R20 for 15 mins each. Nothing crashed. I know not enough time. Temps were creeping up to 80 degrees. Wasn't comfortable with that.