Random system crashes

Go to solution Solved by IC4,
1 hour ago, Smiley7883 said:

Yes I made sure to remove it, if I were to buy one off Amazon what wattage should I look for and a y particular brand you reccomend 

You could get away with a 550 watt, but I personally wouldn’t, with a 2070 I would look for a 600+ just so there’s a good headroom. As for brands, I wouldn’t shop purely off of brand because all of them have bad units in there lineups, just to name some good ones, Corsair rmx / RMI is pretty good(I think the rm is okay as well? Don’t count me on that), seasonic focus gx / px or seasonic prime gx / px. Evga g2 is good. If you can’t find any of those let me know and I can hopefully find more suggestions for you

Can someone please help? I'm new to pc gaming and built my first one but I'm having issues while gaming such as blackscreen reboots.

Even when I dial down the settings my system still crashes and it's only during gaming not normal computing. From what I'm reading g it could be my psu but want to.make sure before I keep throwing parts at it, any help would be appreciated, the system runs at stock settings and never over clocked.

I ran the heaven benchmark test last night with crashes so unsure if thsts relevant just trying to give you enough info

I play games like cod Mw,BFV,GTAV,NFS,Crysis3 a little if all but you get the point

Components

Ryzen 5 3600x

Mugen sythe rev2 cpu cooler 

32 gb corsair vengeance 3.2ghz ram dual channel

Msi tomahawk mobo

Rtx 2070 super gpu (msi I believe)

Corsair 750watt psu (unsure at this time being g I'm writing this from my phone)

Cooler master h500 case

512 gb ssd ultrasandisk

4tb hdd wd blue

Download hardware info or download ryzen master + msi after burner. You need to check your gpu and cpu temperatures. Maybe something is overheating and shutting your system down, after that make sure your Corsair power supply I assume is brand new has its fan spinning when under load, a friend and I both recently bought Corsair psus and both had the same issue, they would overheat and the fan would not kick on under load (maybe a bad batch or something?). Those would be my first two guesses, after that I’d see if you have any other computers in the house, swapping the video cards and seeing if that fixes your problem. 

Yea I def dont if it matters it's the 750 watt you can buy from.best buy

How would I know for sure and 2 what would younrecvomend? Do I need something more powerful? 

And cpu seems to fine but I'm going to apply new thermal paste and the gpu seems to be in range from what I've read under full load between 75-80c 

Sorry if it d ih sent help I'm still but if s noob at this stuff

46 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Is the power supply new or old?

Less than a yr old give or take 6 months to a yr

36 minutes ago, IC4 said:

Download hardware info or download ryzen master + msi after burner. You need to check your gpu and cpu temperatures. Maybe something is overheating and shutting your system down, after that make sure your Corsair power supply I assume is brand new has its fan spinning when under load, a friend and I both recently bought Corsair psus and both had the same issue, they would overheat and the fan would not kick on under load (maybe a bad batch or something?). Those would be my first two guesses, after that I’d see if you have any other computers in the house, swapping the video cards and seeing if that fixes your problem. 

I also forgot to.mention it only happened s while gaming not during normal operation 

Yea I def dont if it matters it's the 750 watt you can buy from.best buy

How would I know for sure and 2 what would younrecvomend? Do I need something more powerful? 

And cpu seems to fine but I'm going to apply new thermal paste and the gpu seems to be in range from what I've read under full load between 75-80c 

Sorry if it d ih sent help I'm still but if s noob at this stuff

That’s definitely enough wattage for your system. Gpu temps look okay, I noticed you didn’t mention your cpu temps but just that you were going to reapply paste, is it running to 90c+? That would definitely cause a shutdown to preserve hardware. How long have you had your system? Also you’d have to open up your case and on the side of the power supply it will say “Corsair (MODEL)” usually and that might help if it’s a crappy unit this could be causing your issue. Honestly system shut downs can be hard to diagnose, because each part of hardware relies on each other. the fact it only happens when gaming makes want to think it could be a psu and when you pull enough power it poops itself.  Or your video card. But like I said it would be super helpful if you downloaded hardware info. https://www.hwinfo.com/ it will tell us your max temps your getting. 

7 minutes ago, Smiley7883 said:

It I'd the corsair cx750 m if thst helps

Are the letters on the side in green lettering or all grey 

18 minutes ago, Smiley7883 said:

Usually when a pc shuts down it leads me to believe power delivery issues. If your cpu or gpu aren’t overheating I would buy a power supply off of amazon and if it doesn’t fix your issue just use there 30 day return policy. 

16 minutes ago, IC4 said:

Are the letters on the side in green lettering or all grey 

All grey lettering 

23 minutes ago, Smiley7883 said:

I would also do random trouble shooting stuff like reseating your video card, reseating your ram, run one stick and see if that works. Clear your cmos. Those are things I would try

1 minute ago, Smiley7883 said:

All grey lettering 

You should download cinebench and see if your pc shuts down with a cpu intensive task. If it’s the same story has heaven, my gut would tell me it’s your psu especially if you tried everything I said above 

Ok.so I just ram the cinebench test with no issues

Ok.so I just ram the cinebench test with no issues

Do you have another video card in your house, no matter how crappy to switch out and see if this fixes your issue

And I'd hate to buy one for test purposes. I'm frustrated I cant figure this out the gpu shouldn't be giving g isuuse I bought it as an upgrade for a reason.wife got me a 4k monitor for xmas,  Sorry I'm just venting, I was even thinking of a new mobo but I dont think that will solve anything either 

Sp update boy do.i feel dumb I basically applied new thermal paste reassembled added another fan turns out one of nybram sticks wasbt fully seated so will see if that had anything to do with it

.fingers crossed

3 hours ago, Smiley7883 said:

Sp update boy do.i feel dumb I basically applied new thermal paste reassembled added another fan turns out one of nybram sticks wasbt fully seated so will see if that had anything to do with it

.fingers crossed

Hopefully that’s it! What’s a nybram stick? Are you talking about your ram stick? Because yes that is problably what caused your issue!

3 hours ago, Smiley7883 said:

.fingers crossed

Also you need to quote me on your responses or I won’t get the notification !

I meant ram sorry it was a typo

24 minutes ago, IC4 said:

Also you need to quote me on your responses or I won’t get the notification !

28 minutes ago, IC4 said:

Hopefully that’s it! What’s a nybram stick? Are you talking about your ram stick? Because yes that is problably what caused your issue!

Yea I mean t ram it was a typo

6 hours ago, Smiley7883 said:

That did not solve the issue 

Hmm, did you also reseat your video card? What temps are your cpu running at with the new paste?

4 hours ago, IC4 said:

Hmm, did you also reseat your video card? What temps are your cpu running at with the new paste?

Yes I reseated the video card I was wondering his there a chance it could be in the wrong price slot or at this point better off buying a new mobo and powersupply and starting over? Mot sure of the temps.