Is my PSU not enough?

WeesnawXp
Go to solution Solved by WeesnawXp,

WELP it was one cable that wasn't connected to the motherboard i'm a dumb head

I have an 80+white certified 500watt power supply from thermaltake and my cpu is an amd fx8350 and my gpu is a radeon rx480 4gb

When I fully assembled everything all my fans were working accept my gpu fan, and I couldnt get my computer to post, I also double checked all the cables they were all good the only cables I was unsure of were the front panel ones and I dont think that has anything to do with a gpu, and also know I put my gtx 1060 with a lower tdp in it and the fans were spinning accept it still didn't post

Nope, 500W is more than enough for even a high-end single-GPU system (link in sig called "you don't need a big PSU" shows this)

The PSU itself is probably low-quality if it's only 80+ White (80+ ratings don't directly correspond to quality, but there are very little good PSUs that are 80+ White)

Your GPU might have a 0-RPM mode where the fan doesn't spin unless the GPU is under load (or over 55C ish)

This means your no-post issue isn't related to the GPU.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

2 minutes ago, _DeXTeR_ said:

80+white is garbage certificate, but thats not case check cables on rx480

the cable is connected and its only a 6 pin connector that the card needs so im not too sure

WELP it was one cable that wasn't connected to the motherboard i'm a dumb head