Computer hickup issue

WayneMan247

Specs:

RTX 2080ti

Ryzen 9 3950x 

G.Skill Ripjaw 3600 32GB

750 watts 

Tuf Gaming X570 plus (Wifi)

Hello.  New to forums and building my own PC.  Building was the easy part.  Software must be the hard part.

Issue: I'm having trouble somewhere where I have a random hickup every so often while doing anything or nothing.  the screen freezes and sound pops of a second or less.  Also, sometimes after starting my computer this hickup is constant every 2 seconds until i restart which causes a blue screen. I believe I'm having some incompatibility somewhere but can't pin it down.  At no time does any of my performance peek either.

Can you double check if your ram is running at 3600?

Have you checked your event viewer for logs that could help you pinpoint what the source of the problem is? 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

My RAM is running at 2133 MHz and I do not know what I am looking at in event viewer as it has 22k warnings and errors

Enable XMP in your BIOS.

Have you installed the drivers for everything?

all drivers are installed and as I've read XMP isn't on a tuf x570 but DOCP is and is on

Just now, WayneMan247 said:

My RAM is running at 2133 MHz and I do not know what I am looking at in event viewer as it has 22k warnings and errors

Go into your BIOS and set the RAM to their XMP profile so you get the advertised speeds, 

In event viewer check to see what critical and error logs you have. They are sorted by date of occurrence.

Also please quote me if your responding or I likely won't see it. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

2 minutes ago, WayneMan247 said:

all drivers are installed and as I've read XMP isn't on a tuf x570 but DOCP is and is on

DOCP is Asus's term(technically AMD's) for XMP. Enable it

1 minute ago, MyInnerFred said:

Go into your BIOS and set the RAM to their XMP profile so you get the advertised speeds, 

In event viewer check to see what critical and error logs you have. They are sorted by date of occurrence.

Also please quote me if your responding or I likely won't see it. 

If I set my RAM above 2133 my system doesn't boot and when my next hickup occurs I'll check viewer.  By the looks of it multiple issues pop simultaneously when it happens

1 minute ago, WayneMan247 said:

If I set my RAM above 2133 my system doesn't boot and when my next hickup occurs I'll check viewer.  By the looks of it multiple issues pop simultaneously when it happens

If DOCP is a no go you could try setting the RAM speed and timings manually based on the rated manufacture timings. Though I get the feeling your performance issues are due to something else. 

Read your event viewer logs, they can give you clues on what is causing problems. 

19 minutes ago, MyInnerFred said:

If DOCP is a no go you could try setting the RAM speed and timings manually based on the rated manufacture timings. Though I get the feeling your performance issues are due to something else. 

Read your event viewer logs, they can give you clues on what is causing problems. 

Thanks for your help.  It does seem to be some sort of RAM issue.  A lot of perf errors and warnings.

Are you on the latest BIOS version? To my it sounds like issues there, or that your RAM is incompatible with your mobo, have you checked the RAM against the QVL for that board? 

3 hours ago, Kasper_MC said:

Are you on the latest BIOS version? To my it sounds like issues there, or that your RAM is incompatible with your mobo, have you checked the RAM against the QVL for that board? 

I'm on the latest bios. I moved the memory and was able to change it to 3600 mhz.  When the lag happens nothing showed in event viewer. I'll try this at 3600 and see if I get it anymore.