Information on plausibility please

JimmyGuns

Please anyone who has experience with this, has done this or looked into doing this. I'm currently working on setting up my new hub/control center and with that purchasing new equipment such as desk, monitors and all that good stuff. I recently started playing with the idea of setting up a touch screen monitor as the actual desk top of my new desk.

Is there a way to either create, Jerry rig or customize a monitor for such endeavour? I dont want to get in over my head since this is something I would know little about and dont want to start a skyscraper when I can only build a shack. 

Its possible but needs extra care. Touchscreens are. A lot more sensitive than a regular glass. So anything that will be put on top will most likely scratch, damage or even break the screen. Especially another monitor. 

Getting a custom monitor will cost you more than what you are most likely going to slend so i would advice against it. 

There is a pseudo fix though. Make it have glass on top with a gap where you can put your hand underneath and use the touch screen. And the top of the glass is the table itself.

Im with the mentaility of "IF IM NOT SURE IF ITS ENOUGH COOLING, GO OVERKILL"

CURRENT PC SPECS    

CPU             Ryzen 5 3600 (Formerly Ryzen 3 1200)

GPU             : ASUS RX 580 Dual OC (Formerly ASUS GTX 1060 but it got corroded for some odd reasons)

GPU COOOER      : ID Cooling Frostflow 120 VGA (Stock cooler overheats even when undervolted :()

MOBO            : MSI B350m Bazooka

MEMORY          Team Group Elite TUF DDR4 3600 Mhz CL 16
STORAGE         : Seagate Baracudda 1TB and Kingston SSD
PSU             : Thermaltake Lite power 550W (Gonna change soon as i dont trust this)
CASE            : Rakk Anyag Frost
CPU COOLER      : ID-Cooling SE 207
CASE FANS       : Mix of ID cooling fans, Corsair fans and Rakk Ounos (planned change to ID Cooling)
DISPLAY         : SpectrePro XTNS24 144hz Curved VA panel
MOUSE           : Logitech G603 Lightspeed
KEYBOARD        : Rakk Lam Ang

HEADSET         : Plantronics RIG 500HD

Kingston Hyper X Stinger

and a whole lot of LED everywhere(behind the monitor, behind the desk, behind the shelf of the PC mount and inside the case)

Do you want to replace the entire top of your desk? Or just a section of it? Because large touchscreen monitors can be quite pricey especially if you want a multi touch one.