Weird Problem...Help

xCubert87x

So my PC keeps crashing only when gaming, this has started about a month ago (see pics). I've been trying to troubleshoot it but so far no luck. 

My new/current system

Mobo: Asus ROG Corsshair Hero VIII

CPU: Ryzen 3950x

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080ti

PSU: EVGA G3 750w

Ram: Corsair DDR4 16GB

I've ruled out a few things so far. First I've tested my card in my old system, no issues, i don't get this artifacting and crashing on my old system with the same GPU, therefore it seems that the card itself is not an issue. After that I've tried swapping the PSU from my old system EVGA G2 650w into my new one, that did not help. I've tried reinstalling a game on my ssd instead of m.2 thinking it might be the issue (overheating and such) but no, same issue when the game runs off of SSD. I've tried updating the BIOS and that didn't help.

I've also tested my new/current system with a different GPU, unfortunately my other GPU is GTX 750Ti lol, it works just fine when gaming and i don't get any problem with it in my new/current system.

Please help

20200528_190243.jpg

20200529_004542.jpg

20200528_153219.jpg

Have you tried reinstalling the drivers on your new system?

And how hot is the GPU running in that new PC?

Like @RocketBunny42 mentioned, try using DDU in Safe Mode and reinstall the drivers only for the 1080 ti and not the 750.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

Yes, i've reinstalled nvidia drivers, one of the first things i did. The gpu gets around low to mid 70s when gaming, the memory and pwr modules with the highest temps gets to mid 70s or even 80s sometimes for long sessions (not anymore since the card freezes 10 min in). I've noticed that the card does run cooler on the old system (we're talking a couple of degrees). I get those artifacts when the card is not even that hot low 60s according to precision x.

I've been suspicious of heat issues because i do have a monster of a cooler very close to the backplate of the gpu. My old system has a bit more space between the cpu radiator and the backplate of the gpu. My only issue is I don't wanna buy a liquid cooler and find out it wasn't that lol

Lower the card 1 slot all slots are 16x I have the same board as you.

Alright that actually is working so far, I still have to keep the front off in order to get more air, otherwise the same thing happens, I've decided to order a new case. It's seems like the airflow might be the issue.

Thanks RocketBunny42 for your hel.