Yoga 910 Webcam and Touchscreen

Hello,

I am currently trying to fix the webcam and touchscreen on a Lenovo Yoga 910. I receive webcam error "0xA00F4244 <NoCamerasAreAttached>, and the touchscreen simply does not work at all. I had tried uninstalling and reinstalling the camera app and updating drivers through their site. Afterwards when trying to check for the drivers in device manager, I realized that the camera was simply not recognized at all (even when hidden was shown). I then downloaded the Lenovo diagnostics tool and saw that both the touchscreen and camera were not recognized by the device at all. It is as if they are not plugged in. Originally, I believed the touchscreen and camera were different issued but this lead me to believe otherwise.

I contacted Lenovo and was told it is a hardware problem, but due to the pandemic they are only accepting emergency items. I also tried resetting the system last night and still there is no luck. However, I am not entirely sure if this was a true factory reset as I don't have OneKey Recovery and some settings were still the same (I believe these settings can be pulled from Microsoft ID though, I don't have a lot of experience with this).

I found other posts on Reddit and Lenovo forums stating the identical problem without any useful responses. This also makes it hard for me to believe it is a hardware problem. If others are having the identical issue of both the webcam and touchscreen simultaneously not being recognized by the device, isn't it more likely software?. Unless these two parts are just prone to break in conjunction? I also feel like if it was broken hardware the machine would still recognize them. Should I this thing apart and look for loose wires?

Does anyone have any advice or guidance? Or can confidently say "yeah, you're wrong and are misunderstanding it's absolutely a hardware problem". Honestly, any clarification would help at this point.

Thank you

Sounds like the cable might have gotten detached or loose. Can you open it up and make sure all the cable are in properly?

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

Checked the hinge hasn't cut through or torqued a cable away from either side (monitor or main board) 

Would require a strip down, so depending on location be careful how far you take it apart as may void warranty