Black screen with cursor

NetsV
Go to solution Solved by GoodBytes,

Hang on. The problem might be as simple as switching video outputd. When you get the cursor, try Win+P twice and hit Enter and wait 10sec. If that doesn't work then, repeat again.

You can also try: Win+Shift+Ctrl+B and waiting around 30sec.

Another thing to try, is to go in Safe mode, and uninstall your GPU drivers, and install the latest onesz once again.

So randomly my pc started to check my driver before launching windows or smth like that but now i has turned into black screen conplrtly with a cursor. Pressing ctrl alt del does nothing also ctrl shift esc. I dont know what to :(

1 minute ago, NetsV said:

So randomly my pc started to check my driver before launching windows or smth like that but now i has turned into black screen conplrtly with a cursor. Pressing ctrl alt del does nothing also ctrl shift esc. I dont know what to :(

What version of Windows are you running, what hardware are you running, and have you tried a system repair install where you can keep your data and programs?

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

11 minutes ago, Boomwebsearch said:

What version of Windows are you running, what hardware are you running, and have you tried a system repair install where you can keep your data and programs?

I only know that last time updated my pc 10days ago other than that windows 10 home, and no i have not tried system repair

12 minutes ago, NetsV said:

I only know that last time updated my pc 10days ago other than that windows 10 home, and no i have not tried system repair

Try system repair and/or use a recent system restore point if you have one (although, you may loose any data not saved by the time that the restore point was created, backup data before proceeding with a third-party tool before proceeding).

Software to help backup your data even with a not functioning operating system:

https://recoverit.wondershare.com/windows-pe/how-to-recover-data-from-hard-disk-without-os.html

https://www.minitool.com/data-recovery/recovery-drive.html

@Boomwebsearch 

1 minute ago, Boomwebsearch said:

Try system repair and/or use a recent system restore point if you have one (although, you may loose any data not saved by the time that the restore point was created, backup data before proceeding with a third-party tool before proceeding).

Software to help backup your data even with a not functioning operating system:

https://recoverit.wondershare.com/windows-pe/how-to-recover-data-from-hard-disk-without-os.html

https://www.minitool.com/data-recovery/recovery-drive.html

Okay but could be the problem my ssd where is my windows aswell, i have heard that kingstons has bad ssds

1 minute ago, NetsV said:

Okay but could be the problem my ssd where is my windows aswell, i have heard that kingstons has bad ssds

Depends on the model, not all Kingston SSDs are bad, try using CrystalDiskInfo to check the health status of your drive:    https://crystalmark.info/en/software/crystaldiskinfo/

@Boomwebsearch 

7 minutes ago, NetsV said:

I tried to get into system repair but....

Try this, while the system is booting (when you see the windows logo with the dots spinning after BIOS loads in), hold the power button down and restart, do this for 3 times in a row, this will initiate automatic repair by the 4th time you power on and then give you options such as system startup repair if it couldn't automatically repair the issue.

@Boomwebsearch 

1 minute ago, Boomwebsearch said:

Try this, while the system is booting, hold the power button down and restart, do this for 3 times in a row, this will initiate automatic repair by the 4th time you power on and then give you options such as system startup repair if it couldn't automatically repair the issue.

System start up repair didnt helped either :/

Hang on. The problem might be as simple as switching video outputd. When you get the cursor, try Win+P twice and hit Enter and wait 10sec. If that doesn't work then, repeat again.

Another thing to try, is to go in Safe mode, and uninstall your GPU drivers, and install the latest onesz once again.

3 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

Wow the first method worked thank you so much, also thank you boomwrbsearch for trying to help me. But why that happened randomly

3 hours ago, NetsV said:

Wow the first method worked thank you so much, also thank you boomwrbsearch for trying to help me. But why that happened randomly

I am not sure at 100%, but it has to do with the GPU driver. It has an issue where it could not detect where the monitor is connected properly, and so resort to output the video signal to the default port of the graphics card, which ever it was set to by the manufacture.  Typically, it is a driver bug.

1 hour ago, GoodBytes said:

I am not sure at 100%, but it has to do with the GPU driver. It has an issue where it could not detect where the monitor is connected properly, and so resort to output the video signal to the default port of the graphics card, which ever it was set to by the manufacture.  Typically, it is a driver bug.

Also my second monitor is not working either

2 hours ago, icovelev said:

Just win+p again and select "Extend"

Thanks a lot :)