Cloud Storage Recommendations

kewtz

The other topic areas didn't seem to fit.

In regards to the 3-2-1 backup strategy, I'm grossly inadequate.
I am a lightning strike or mechanical drive failure away from losing a decade of data.

On the local storage front, I need to invest in another drive to at least have some redundancy - but what about cloud storage?

The last service I used was CrashPlan prior to their migration from consumer backup.

What's the preferred cloud backup?

All said and done, 5tb of storage across 4 devices would be adequate.
I'm not terrible concerned about recovery time, but I would like data to be easily accessible.

Candidly, I'm not sure what I should be looking for.

Potato Revamp

CPU: AMD 5900x || GPU: nVidia RTX 3080 || RAM: 32gb Trident Z Neo CL16 || Case: Fractal Torrent Compact || CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2 || PSU: Corsair RM850 Gold || Storage: ADATA SX8200 Pro (1TB), 2x Samsung Evo 870 (2TB)

• 2 weeks later...

CrashPlan goes the job. However, there are many cloud storage providers features of which you might benefit from. Here is a comparison of Backblaze and CrashPlan https://lifehacker.com/online-backup-faceoff-crashplan-vs-backblaze-1768101631.
In terms of cloud storage tiers, Backblaze B2 pricing is lower than Azure and AWS. https://www.vmwareblog.org/looking-affordable-cloud-storage-aws-vs-azure-vs-backblaze-b2/

In my view preferred 3-2-1 backup is 2 NAS + cloud or NAS + clouds. The data is not synced by backed up and replicated to backup storage according to retention policies. Local storage grants fast recoveries and backup job runtime, while cloud storage is used more like cool or just archival, long-term storage.