Connecting Kraken Z73 AIO to NZXT 710i Case, need wiring help

I have the NZXT 710i Case with the Smart Device V2 Fan/RGB Hub built-into the case. It has 3 fan channels and 2 RGB lighting channels. 1 of the RGB lighting channel is used to power the 2 built-in LED Strips in the case. I have replaced the rear 140mm fan with an AER 2 RGB, and also will be using 3x120mm AER 2 RGB fans with Z73 Radiator. I have daisy chained all 4 AER 2 RGB Fans. I have the 140mm rear AER RGB fan connected to a channel by itself which is in turn connected to one of the 3 Fan Channels on the Smart Device V2 HUB. I'm not sure where to connect the fan connectors on the 3x120mm AER RGB Radiator fans to? Do I connect them to the 3 fan splitters that's connected to the Smart Device Hub, or do I connect them to the splitter on the breakaway cable that comes in the box with the Z73?

Also my other question is regarding the connection of the RGB lighting of the 4 fans. After having daisy chained all 4 aer rgb fans, do I connect that last wire directly into the Smart Device Hub's RGB channel or connect it to the RGB connector from the breakaway cable that's coming from the AIO?

• 1 month later...

Hello!

I’ll try to answer this the best I can. You will connect your 3x120mm radiator fans to the splitter on the breakaway cable. If you did not have a AIO cooler, then the 3x120mm fans would connected to the fan splitter on the Smart Device V2 in fan channel 1.

Note: Fan order on both the Z73 and the Smart Device V2 is 1, 2, 3 ~ 3 being the fan connection closest to the end of cable.

Regarding the RGB, after connecting LED strips to each other, you connect them to an RGB channel in the Smart Device V2. After daisy chaining fans, you connect them into a Smart Device V2 RGB channel as well.

Hope this information helped although I’m still wondering where to connect the RGB connector cable that’s located on the AIO cooler breakaway cable. I should eventually make a blueprint or video explanation because the NZXT questions have been consistent for years.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/4/2020 at 3:43 AM, Goslle said:

Hope this information helped although I’m still wondering where to connect the RGB connector cable that’s located on the AIO cooler breakaway cable. I should eventually make a blueprint or video explanation because the NZXT questions have been consistent for years.

Thanks I understand that part. But I'm not sure whether to connect the rgb lighting cable thats daisychained off my 4 fans to? Does it connect to the breakaway cable that comes with my Kraken Z73 AIO or does it connect directly into the smart device v2's rgb input? 

I will try to take pictures to show you better what I'm trying to do.

Here's a picture of the breaker cable that comes inside the NZXT Kraken box. I have circled it in red. It's this part that I'm not sure where to connect this to? Does it connect to the daisychained wire coming from my 4 AER2 rgb fans that I have daisy  chained together or do ignore this part?

help.png

• 3 months later...
On 7/12/2020 at 2:04 AM, LadyCore said:

Here's a picture of the breaker cable that comes inside the NZXT Kraken box. I have circled it in red. It's this part that I'm not sure where to connect this to? Does it connect to the daisychained wire coming from my 4 AER2 rgb fans that I have daisy  chained together or do ignore this part?

help.png

Did you ever figure this out?

• 8 months later...

Im having the same problem, I have no idea where to plug that RGB cable into. Please help. 

Thanks 

Troy 

• 5 months later...
On 7/12/2020 at 4:04 PM, LadyCore said:

help.png

I am having actually same issue, did you solve that ?