SSD randomly disconnecting

my ssd does this randomly about every week or so. It happened about half an hour ago and it disappears from disk manager and I can only fix it by disconnecting it from my laptop. When I get it reconnected I checked crystal disk mark and S.M.A.R.T and it says everything is good. could it be the m.2 connector inside my laptop? Any Ideas?

Hard to say what's causing it - can be the SSD as well. Is the performance as expected from such drive?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

4 minutes ago, Marcus Torre DeProspero said:

intel 660p 2tb

Can you try this?

Control Panel"-> "Hardware and Sound" -> "Power Options" -> "Edit Plan Settings" -> "Change advanced power settings" > turn off hard drive after "120 minutes by set it to 0 "

7 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

Hard to say what's causing it - can be the SSD as well. Is the performance as expected from such drive?

its fine works normally

8 minutes ago, AshRiver said:

Can you try this?

Control Panel"-> "Hardware and Sound" -> "Power Options" -> "Edit Plan Settings" -> "Change advanced power settings" > turn off hard drive after "120 minutes by set it to 0 "

I did that now but why would it disconnect my D drive and not my C drive?

2 minutes ago, Marcus Torre DeProspero said:

I did that now but why would it disconnect my D drive and not my C drive?

Can you test this with safe mode to see if it software related issue?

I think it probably drive defect.

clean port and sd with some alc. download all drivers and bios(tray new and loder one to see)  from official site, and try to reinstal windows... 

If its dont help, its pobbably ssd.. but its not bad , some laptops manfactures dont like to swap ssd... i have many laptops that not suport samsung , or kingstom, or support just samsung ect..

• 1 year later...

I know its an old thread, but it comes up in a Google search for 660p disconnects:

We have 3 PCs that show the same symptom.. randomly the D drive disappears. Only happens on these 3 PCs out of all of ours, and they are the only PCs we have with 660p - all installed as D drive.  Pretty convincing common factor there that 660p has a severe disconnection problem.