Sound settings

Maddenman8815

How come everytime my computer screen goes to sleep my sound screws up? like either it will say no sound and ill have to switch back to digital outpout (DP 1.4) i even had to rollback drivers one time, and right now my system trays tweeking out and the sound keeps switching from realtek  to digital output????

47 minutes ago, Maddenman8815 said:

How come everytime my computer screen goes to sleep my sound screws up? like either it will say no sound and ill have to switch back to digital outpout (DP 1.4) i even had to rollback drivers one time, and right now my system trays tweeking out and the sound keeps switching from realtek  to digital output????

Assuming you're on Windows, you can go into the 'Manage Sound Devices' section of the settings menu and disable the devices you don't want to use. This should hopefully prevent them being switched to when not wanted. When a monitor wakes from sleep it can be interpreted as a power on/off event. If the monitor has built-in speakers this can cause the system to think you want to use the sound output of the most recently powered-on device, which in this case it sees as the monitor.

If this isn't the issue you're having, perhaps you can provide a little more detail about what device your want to use and what device the systems keeps automatically switching to.

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15