XPS build quality?

Just curious about the build quality on the Dell XPS line? I was about to pull the trigger on a 13 but I'm hearing that their quality control is hit or miss. If anyone here has had an XPS for more than a few years, how is it holding up?

MSI Prestige 15

i5 10210u - 8GB DDR4 2666MHz - GTX 1650 Max-Q - 500GB SSD

Hinges still intact!

I got an XPS13 9300 (the new one) and i had it 3 days before the trackpad started acting up stopping randomly and having the cursor glitch about the place. So far i haven't heard of anyone else having this problem.

I'm currently in the process for returning for a refund, thinking of buying the 13" MacBook Pro. I know Macs are expensive but its worth it for the build quality. 

12 minutes ago, MysticBenjii1 said:

I got an XPS13 9300 (the new one) and i had it 3 days before the trackpad started acting up stopping randomly and having the cursor glitch about the place. So far i haven't heard of anyone else having this problem.

I'm currently in the process for returning for a refund, thinking of buying the 13" MacBook Pro. I know Macs are expensive but its worth it for the build quality. 

Yeah I had MacBook for years with no issues and that was my second option. I'm just worried about their switch to ARM next year and how older machines will be handled. 

MSI Prestige 15

Hinges still intact!

7 minutes ago, RocketJump said:

Yeah I had MacBook for years with no issues and that was my second option. I'm just worried about their switch to ARM next year and how older machines will be handled. 

Yeah, another thing to note about the XPS is that it get really hot and loud and this has been the case for me when using chrome watching videos etc.

I just got a 7590. I know the new one is here, but I need standard USB and its a mutch better value since prices are goind down. I used 2 XPS 15-s before (on of the was a precision m3800, but its in a xps body). I had no problems, and I used m3800 ofr 4 years, there was no scratch on it and I didnt even used a case for it (but Im gonna cover my new one with dbrand, it looks freaking good in my opinion), idk why but they re really scratchresistant for aluminium. The one problem I had was a RAM failure, thats all (it wasnt the factory RAM if I remember correctly).

I was thining about the macbook too, but I need raw performance (civil engi) and its mutch better for that, not even speaking about light gaming (maybe on xps13 too)

2 minutes ago, MysticBenjii1 said:

Yeah, another thing to note about the XPS is that it get really hot and loud and this has been the case for me when using chrome watching videos etc.

Idk about the new model, but thats not a problem for me. Maybe they will fix that in a bios update.

11 hours ago, MysticBenjii1 said:

I totally forgot about the surface laptop 3! I think I'm going for it. 

MSI Prestige 15

Hinges still intact!