Cheap university work desktop

Budget (including currency): Below £300

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Web browsing (loads of tabs). CAD tools e.g. REVIT for Architecture and Design. Photoshop.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I'm building this for a family member. I've had enough of seeing her raging over how slow her crappy HP slimeline is (just to give you an idea, it has a 5W TDP soldered CPU). She mainly uses it for web browsing, and also to do her architecture 3D design work on it. I just need something cheap to improve her quality of life. She already has peripherals and a 1080p monitor. I'll provide a spare SSD so storage is not included in the list below.

I'm not sure what case to choose. I think she'll like something 'light' and simple - minimalist sort of thing. At most a strip of RGB at the front maybe. I'd appreciate some suggestions.

Here is what I think I'll get so far:

Everyone on here be showing off their rigs, so here I go:

Spoiler

Main Desktop CPU: Ryzen 1600 @ 3.65 GHz Memory: 2x8GB @ 3200 MHz Graphics: NVIDIA ASUS 1070 MOBO: ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac Storage: NVME M.2 Crucial P1 SSD; SATA Crucial MX500 SSD; Seagate BarraCuda HDD.

Acer Aspire 5755G CPU: Intel i5-2410M @ 2.30GHz Memory: 6GB DDR3-1066 SDRAM Graphics: NVIDIA GT 540M 2GB Storage750GB 2.5" 5400RPM HDD Display15.6" 1366x768

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

@Herman Mcpootis
Thanks for the heads up. I haven't really looked into the used market at all. I have no experience in buying second hand things, and don't want to get screwed over.

I just read on the REVIT forum (not sure why hadn't thought of doing that before), and the posts there recommend lower core count with higher clock speed. I guess I really have to go for Intel for those characteristics if I were to stay under £300. 

Everyone on here be showing off their rigs, so here I go:

Spoiler

Main Desktop CPU: Ryzen 1600 @ 3.65 GHz Memory: 2x8GB @ 3200 MHz Graphics: NVIDIA ASUS 1070 MOBO: ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac Storage: NVME M.2 Crucial P1 SSD; SATA Crucial MX500 SSD; Seagate BarraCuda HDD.

Acer Aspire 5755G CPU: Intel i5-2410M @ 2.30GHz Memory: 6GB DDR3-1066 SDRAM Graphics: NVIDIA GT 540M 2GB Storage750GB 2.5" 5400RPM HDD Display15.6" 1366x768