Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

First Cheap Build

Budget (including currency): PHP 14,000

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: School Works, Light Games, Game Development 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): N/A

I just want to ask if the A320 MB's are applicable with AMD Athlon 3000g here are my planned specs:

In PHP(Philippine Peso)

Athlon 3000g - 2666
Asus EX-A320M Gaming - 2850 // Gigabyte B450M-DS3H - 4050 (But it will exceed my budget)
Kingston HyperX Fury 1x4 2666mhz -(2) 2400
Western Digital 120gb (m.2) -1100
Seagate Barracuda 1TB - 1990
Cooler Master MWE v2 450W - 2180
Crown Vertex 930 - 600
Total - 13780

Hope you can help me,Thank you in advance!

1 hour ago, ImAskywalker said:

I just want to ask if the A320 MB's are applicable with AMD Athlon 3000g here are my planned specs:

The 3000g requires the same BIOS that a Zen 2 chip does out of the box.

For this you'd need and X570 or B450 MAX series board. 

The A320 board could run the chip if you were to update the BIOS beforehand, which would require the use of a first gen Ryzen CPU, or a board with BIOS Flashback available.

My general advice is to look at a 2200G for only a few bucks more, and a lower end B450 board.

4 hours ago, trevb0t said:

The 3000g requires the same BIOS that a Zen 2 chip does out of the box.

For this you'd need and X570 or B450 MAX series board. 

The A320 board could run the chip if you were to update the BIOS beforehand, which would require the use of a first gen Ryzen CPU, or a board with BIOS Flashback available.

My general advice is to look at a 2200G for only a few bucks more, and a lower end B450 board.

Thanks for the reply! So the Athlon 3000g won't run unless it's updated though the bios right? Ryzen 3 2200G will broke up my budget tho along with B450 MB.

3 hours ago, ImAskywalker said:

Thanks for the reply! So the Athlon 3000g won't run unless it's updated though the bios right? Ryzen 3 2200G will broke up my budget tho along with B450 MB.

Could you provide some sites that you'd like to shop from? I'm not familiar with the Phillippino retailers.

I bet there are some deals to be found or corners to be cut. 

There are also plenty of older Xeon processors that can be had very cheap these days. If there is an active used market out there, you might consider options like that. 

On 5/23/2020 at 9:51 PM, trevb0t said:

Could you provide some sites that you'd like to shop from? I'm not familiar with the Phillippino retailers.

I bet there are some deals to be found or corners to be cut. 

There are also plenty of older Xeon processors that can be had very cheap these days. If there is an active used market out there, you might consider options like that. 

There's so many stores in here but some are very suspicious and very expensive, will look for xeon processors to thanks for the help

3 hours ago, ImAskywalker said:

There's so many stores in here but some are very suspicious and very expensive, will look for xeon processors to thanks for the help

I suspect aliexpress is more built to get stuff out of Asia into America, but if you can buy on aliexpress, it's cheap Xeon central.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/23/2020 at 12:03 AM, ImAskywalker said:

Budget (including currency): PHP 14,000

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: School Works, Light Games, Game Development 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): N/A

In PHP(Philippine Peso)

Athlon 3000g - 2666
Asus EX-A320M Gaming - 2850 // Gigabyte B450M-DS3H - 4050 (But it will exceed my budget)
Kingston HyperX Fury 1x4 2666mhz -(2) 2400
Western Digital 120gb (m.2) -1100
Seagate Barracuda 1TB - 1990
Cooler Master MWE v2 450W - 2180
Crown Vertex 930 - 600
Total - 13780

Hope you can help me,Thank you in advance!

Have you looked at a Ryzen 3200G there around 85 USD