Inspiron 5680, can I upgrade to a 1660 super?

I bought the Inspiron 5680 with the i5-9400, 1050 ti, and 8gb ram. Can I upgrade to a 1660 super (this one to be specific: https://www.newegg.com/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-1660-super-gv-n166sixoc-6gd/p/N82E16814932234) or do I have to upgrade my first PSU? (the inspiron 5680 comes with a 460 watt psu) (I also already added 8gb ram so 16 total, and I'm planning to add an SSD)

Should most likely be able to, just make sure the 1660 super you purchase will fit and doesnt use more than one 8 pin pcie connector.

1 hour ago, Onehandstand said:

Should most likely be able to, just make sure the 1660 super you purchase will fit and doesnt use more than one 8 pin pcie connector.

Ok thanks! It should fit, someone on the dell forum said they purchased the same pc with the rx 590 option instead of the 1050 ti and it was 9.5 inches. The single fan 1660 super i was looking at is only 6.7 inches long. 

The only problem is that i dont know if the stock dell 1050 ti uses 8 pin power. It might only use a 6 pin? Does it even need one since its so low powered? (Not sure if thats even possible but i thought i heard that some low powered cards can just be powered thru the motherboard?

(Sorry i dont know much about graphics cards or motherboards yet so simple explanations would be appreciated.) You mean for the 8 pin connector part that i need to make sure that the card im buying has an 8 pin pcie power connector that comes from the PSU right? Im not sure if the stock dell PSU is even 8 pin since the 1050 ti might be low power enough that it only needs power from the motherboard? 

3 hours ago, Onehandstand said:

2 hours ago, CaptainJoe said:

Ok thanks! It should fit, someone on the dell forum said they purchased the same pc with the rx 590 option instead of the 1050 ti and it was 9.5 inches. The single fan 1660 super i was looking at is only 6.7 inches long. 

The only problem is that i dont know if the stock dell 1050 ti uses 8 pin power. It might only use a 6 pin? Does it even need one since its so low powered? (Not sure if thats even possible but i thought i heard that some low powered cards can just be powered thru the motherboard?

(Sorry i dont know much about graphics cards or motherboards yet so simple explanations would be appreciated.) You mean for the 8 pin connector part that i need to make sure that the card im buying has an 8 pin pcie power connector that comes from the PSU right? Im not sure if the stock dell PSU is even 8 pin since the 1050 ti might be low power enough that it only needs power from the motherboard? 

I just opened my pc up and checked. It does have a 8 pin PCIe connector (6+2). Since its only 460 watt Ill probably just keep it for a month or so and then upgrade the PSU to probably 500-600 watts then. I also noticed that there is probably enough space in the case for like a 10 inch card or maybe larger so the single fan card im looking at is definitely small enough. Thanks for the reply earlier!