I need help

Sin Stalker

My father-in-law passed away last year. He had a cheap Neutab i7 tablet I have been trying to unlock for my kids to play with. I stupidly reset the tablet and now that android lock feature is in effect. This should not be an issue since I have his gmail password. I can sign in on a computer or phone. But when I try and sign in on the tablet, it says I need to sign in with the owner's account. 

I even go through the function of selecting "forgot email" and go through all the steps of name, recovery email, send code, put code in and it tells me my father-in-laws second gmail. I have this password as well. I sign in with this account and it says the same thing about needing to sign in with the owner's email.

Does anyone know how this is supposed to be fixed? Has anyone come across this issue where even the original email(s) won't unlock a reset android device? I have never dealt with this before and after following all the steps, it leads me into a big loop. 

I do believe you can completely remove the OS and install a new 1, however i wouldn't have instructions on how. 

At me or quote me, I want to hear your opinion.

Hopefully anything I say is factually correct. Sorry for any mistakes in advanced.