Chart for AMD Ryzen ECC Memory Support?

Trying to plan a PC build. Is there an easy to view reference chart for AMD Ryzen [0] CPU ECC memory support?

How can a consumer know which chip supports what type(s) of DRAM?

I'm aware of the Ryzen DRAM calculator. Does that tool offer data on ECC memory? I'm on Linux so have not been able to use it.

EDIT: (Sorry, meant CPU, not APU)

all ryzen supports DDR4 memory. as far as i know all ryzen cpus also support ECC memory but the motherboard needs to support it. Not sure why you'd need it but... yeh

If you judge a fish based on its ability to climb trees it will go its whole life thinking its a failure.

AFAIK, none of the Ryzen APUs support ECC.

Ryzen CPUs do.

1 minute ago, Matty2048 said:

Not sure why you'd need it but... yeh

Workstation build! X570 Chipset, lots of RAM, lots of GPU, lots of NVMe SSD.

The reason I ask is because a single sentence Linus said in his Ryzen 9 3950x review video at 8:50 minutes in:

"It even has ECC Memory Support if you want to use it in a budget workstation!"

This made me question what happens with ECC memory on chips that don't support it?

But... If everyone seems to say it's more on the chipset/mobo, what does the chip have to do with it? Is there a compatibility chart? If there is no chart, then compatibility maybe isn't that bad of an issue. Maybe it just ignores the extra parity bits? Who knows!? I sure don't, thus why I ask. :)

I can anticipate someone asking "Why not just buy the 3950x if that's what you're looking to build?"

With the Zen3 4000 Desktop chips 4–6 months away (which are anticipated to blow Zen2 out of the water) I do not want to spend money on a high end chip right now. My plan is to get a decently running APU ~ >$200'ish to tide me over, but I need to make sure the thing will work with ECC memory

Thus, the question!

Hmmmmm....

image.png.b6058a27568409cd7ad754b7091d5444.png

So why did Linus specifically single out the 3950x if they all can support ECC memory?

On 5/20/2020 at 1:46 PM, Kraus said:

So why did Linus specifically single out the 3950x if they all can support ECC memory?

Does anyone happen to have an idea of why this might be (before the thread gets buried?)