Dell XPS 7390 mouse/keyboard not working with USB C hub

Hey everyone,

So I just got my XPS 13 2-in-1 and it is awesome. I got a USB C hub and I cant get the computer to see my mouse or keyboard when i plug them in. It can see an eternal hard drive and other comptuters/my phone can see the mouse and keyboard when i plug them into the hub. It only happens with my new computer for some reason. I am not sure if it is a problem with drivers or what. I have uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled several times. No luck.

If someone knows what might be causing this or what i can do to fix it, please let me know 

Thanks!

You can obtain the drivers from the dell support website for your particular model
-Install the latest Intel Thunderbolt Controller Driver for the system. This is available in the "Chipset" section.
-Install the latest Intel Thunderbolt Firmware Update for the system. This is available in the "Chipset" section.
Also if you Hub has a power adapter then ensure that you connect the power adapter to the hub first and power on before you connect the hub to the laptop

Hope this helps

Hmm..that didn't work. It is just a generic usb hub off amazon. The HDMI port works. And i have gotten an external hard drive to work on the usb ports. It just isn't working with my mouse and keyboard.

Also, my mouse and keyboard will work if I attach it through the included usb c to usb A dongle. 

I do not know if the problem is with the hub or my computer or some incompatibility between the two. I assumed almost all of these USB C hubs were pretty generic/compatible with almost anything.