Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Gpu temp

I don't think the temperature that i am getting ingame is ok, i get 70 degrees celcius in valorant, 75 in gta5 and 60 in csgo.

Oh, and the fan speed wont go under 59% even while idle, i saw that more people have this problem like mine with the fan speed, can i do anything to cool my pc better?,

I do not have any case fans, how much would they help if i had?

 

I have a gtx 1650super gigabyte oc with 1fan 

i5 9400f 

8gb ram

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Those temps are fine, especially for a card with only 1 fan. Throwing in some case fans would definitely be a good idea though, I don't even get how you get OK temps with zero of them. Arctic has a great price/performance ratio. It's usually a good idea to have one or two intake fans in the front and one exhaust fan on the back, but it depends on the case.

 

As for fan speeds when idle, check out MSI afterburner. It lets you set a custom GPU fan curve

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, zyynk said:

I don't think the temperature that i am getting ingame is ok, i get 70 degrees celcius in valorant, 75 in gta5 and 60 in csgo.

Oh, and the fan speed wont go under 59% even while idle, i saw that more people have this problem like mine with the fan speed, can i do anything to cool my pc better?,

I do not have any case fans, how much would they help if i had?

 

I have a gtx 1650super gigabyte oc with 1fan 

i5 9400f 

8gb ram

those temps are more normal for GPUs if it was CPU temps id worry. my RX 5700 XT goes to 75c on max load. also make sure you have the same amount of fans bringing in air that you having air push out. so if you have 2 fans bringing air in you'd want 2 exhausting that air. neutral air flow.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Yebi said:

Those temps are fine, especially for a card with only 1 fan. Throwing in some case fans would definitely be a good idea though, I don't even get how you get OK temps with zero of them. Arctic has a great price/performance ratio. It's usually a good idea to have one or two intake fans in the front and one exhaust fan on the back, but it depends on the case.

 

As for fan speeds when idle, check out MSI afterburner. It lets you set a custom GPU fan curve

that is the problem, whatever i do, it doesnt go under 59%

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, zyynk said:

that is the problem, whatever i do, it doesnt go under 59%

I suppose it is technically possible that the card's VBIOS has it limited to that, but that would be super weird. Are you sure you're enabling manual control mode?

 

Looking at the product page, I see Gigabyte has some kind of their own control software (aorus engine), maybe that one would work better

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Yebi said:

I suppose it is technically possible that the card's VBIOS has it limited to that, but that would be super weird. Are you sure you're enabling manual control mode?

 

Looking at the product page, I see Gigabyte has some kind of their own control software (aorus engine), maybe that one would work better

I will try aorus engine again, i tried it once, but i dont think there was any difference.

 I dont really mind the noise (ofc it would be better if quieter) but i am concerned about the gpu's health.

 

So, the gpu doesnt get damaged at 70-80ish°c? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, zyynk said:

So, the gpu doesnt get damaged at 70-80ish°c? 

It is the higher end of the normal range, but still not really something to be worried about

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×