Kraken Problems

Go to solution Solved by Karumu,

I still have the stock window, but I don't trust the stability  of it to hold a radiator ...

just thought, it might interfere with your GPU too. if you're all out of options maybe lok for a coolermaster 690II or III on ebay or something? might have to do that or just not use it... :/ but that would be a real shame

Hello Techtipers!

I won a Kraken X60 on a giveaway and noticed that it won't fit my case properly. The case is a Aerocool Xpredator X3 and I'm using an Asus M5A99FX Pro rev. 2 Motherboard. The Kraken itself would fit into the Case but there would not be any spare room for the fans. The fans would be hitting the RAM. Does anybody have an idea how to make the Kraken fit into the case? I'm not experienced at all when it comes to modding but I would give it a try!

Thank you!

Tell me if you need more information :D

it's time for some jolly cooperation!

Hmm, I guess you could try to remove all the drive cage and put the Kraken x60 (btw, congrats on winning a kraken!) in the front? At spot 2 referring to this picture: http://www.aerocool.us/pgs/images/xpredator_x3_white/inside-w.jpg

To keep it in place you could try strings. To give an idea of how strings would work this is my TD02 strapped in my case with strings. The radiator + fans physically fit in my case but have no screw holes for it.

MUqdWN1.jpg

How much clearance do you have? I assume the stock fans are 25mm in width? Do you have enough clearance maybe some 20mm Yate Loons would work or maybe some 12mm Slipstreams?

@crystal6tak sadly the drive bays are not removable, they are hold in place with rivets but that's a great idea. I'll try to find a way to remove them :D

@venturizhou when the radiator is installed there are about 8mm between the radiator and the motherboard :( I attached a picture of the top with 25mm fans installed.

I am was thinking about removing the fins on top of the case and put the fans there but it would ruin my tidy build and the feel of the case :(

post-54985-0-67550300-1393187447_thumb.j

mount it to the exhaust mount on the back of the case?

I'm a bit confused ._. how should I place a 280mm rad there?

oh, i thought it was a 140 or a 120 my bad for not reading the post xD

haha okay :D No, I should have mentioned the dimensions in the post :D

have you replaced the stock window on your case? if not you could mount it there?

I still have the stock window, but I don't trust the stability  of it to hold a radiator ...

just thought, it might interfere with your GPU too. if you're all out of options maybe lok for a coolermaster 690II or III on ebay or something? might have to do that or just not use it... :/ but that would be a real shame

The 690's are not really my style... maye I'll wait till the Corsair 760t is released and get one than. would fit my build. corsair mouse,ram,psu,keyboard...

The 690's are not really my style... maye I'll wait till the Corsair 760t is released and get one than. would fit my build. corsair mouse,ram,psu,keyboard...

i'm picking up a Corsair 750D on friday, i have corsair RAM (picking up a H100I on friday too so excited) got a corsair PSU but razer mouse and CM Storm Keyboard.

750D has shit tonnes of room for watercooling gear, fits push pull with like 20mm spare lol

i'm picking up a Corsair 750D on friday, i have corsair RAM (picking up a H100I on friday too so excited) got a corsair PSU but razer mouse and CM Storm Keyboard.

750D has shit tonnes of room for watercooling gear, fits push pull with like 20mm spare lol

nice :D I love Corsair designs. If the 760 t is more expensive than the 750D I'll take the 750D. I was thinking about buying a H100i but then I won the Kraken ;D The only thing I don't like about Corsair is that you can't buy the sleeved cables for the PSU's in germany -.-

nice :D I love Corsair designs. If the 760 t is more expensive than the 750D I'll take the 750D. I was thinking about buying a H100i but then I won the Kraken ;D The only thing I don't like about Corsair is that you can't buy the sleeved cables for the PSU's in germany -.-

yeah, i am sooooo excited to get my new gear, been buying parts every month or so gonna be nice to have my first (new) full tower, gonna run my H100i in push/pull just because i have some spare fans from my 690II, no SP120's though :'( gonna pick them up next payday instead ^^ along with a new PSU in prep for my crossfire R9 290's

yeah, i am sooooo excited to get my new gear, been buying parts every month or so gonna be nice to have my first (new) full tower, gonna run my H100i in push/pull just because i have some spare fans from my 690II, no SP120's though :'( gonna pick them up next payday instead ^^ along with a new PSU in prep for my crossfire R9 290's

I never tried the Corsair fans because I was stuck with my stock case fans and Phanteks fans. The Phanteks fans are awesome :3 we are drifting off the topic! ;D I'll mark your "buy new case" solution as the solving one.

Thank you!