Bottlenecking

PC N00B

Hello guys a budget gamer here i am here because i just watched Linus techs's video from youtube, titled: Is Your Gaming Rig Being Bottlenecked?? and here i am asking for advice for my rig. My CPU is intel core i7 920 and i wanted to buy a Graphics card : Rx 570 but when i checked the bottleneck calculator it had an average bottleneck percentage of 30% and the real question is should i continue buying it or should i prioritize my processor first thank you.

Just now, PC N00B said:

bottleneck calculator

Don't trust that, it's not accurate at all - especially since bottlenecks largely depend on usage (e.g. the resolution/framerate you want to target and the games you want to play). Upgrading your CPU would also mean buying a new motherboard and new ram, which overall would probably end up costing more than the graphics card, so no, if you're on a tight budget the GPU should be the priority. Maybe you should go for a cheaper option though, an rx 560 for example, since you won't necessarily be able to take full advantage of a 570.

Consider buying used by the way, it's a great way to save some money.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

6 minutes ago, PC N00B said:

bottleneck calculator

I wish we can send a message to all of humanity that says "bottle neck calculator is full of bull shit "

About the actual topic 

Almost no Bottleneck can be decided unless you check the utilization of both cpu and GPU 

For e.g your rig Gould be bottlenecked but in certain workloads or games 

Can you please use msi after burner 

Check utilization for both the GPU and CPU 

And if one of them is pinned at a 100% all the time and the other is barely breaking a sweat then it is a Bottleneck

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

thanks man that gave me a piece of mind thank you very much 

1 minute ago, PC N00B said:

thanks man that gave me a piece of mind thank you very much 

Any time 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

i am considering your advice and i am now looking at rx 560s benchmarks thank you very much