USB malfunctioning

So whenever I would connect my controller (razer wolverine te) to my pc it would malfunction and work for a bit and just stop working and keeps on going like that. I connected my controller to my xbox and it would work fine and when I connect another xbox controller to my pc it would do the same thing I don't know why it does this it was working perfectly fine before but since yesterday it did this. Can someone please help me. 

This is what worked for me when I was having a similar issue with a ps4 controller 

1.) Right click on the Windows button and select Device Manager
2.) Expand Network Adapters and right-click on Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows and select Properties
3.) Under Power Management tab, untick the tick box that says "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"

58 minutes ago, Tr1ggerfish1 said:

This is what worked for me when I was having a similar issue with a ps4 controller 

1.) Right click on the Windows button and select Device Manager
2.) Expand Network Adapters and right-click on Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows and select Properties
3.) Under Power Management tab, untick the tick box that says "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"

Didn't work 😕