I really need help...

EladkLing

So I just built my pc and I'm starting to experience issues. I don't know why my frames are so inconsistent.

My specs:

Ryzen 5 2600x

Rtx 2060 

16gb of gskill ripjaws 5 at 3600 mhz

I always am getting inconsistent frames. Like sometimes I'll have 180 then 60 then 150 then 130. My guess is that my cpu is bottlenecking my gpu. I get around 70 degrees Celsius on both my cpu and gpu so I don't see the problem. Can someone please help me out. My friend has a ryzen 5 2600 and an rx 580 with the same ram and his pc out performs mine which doesn't make sense in my head.

1 minute ago, EladkLing said:

So I just built my pc and I'm starting to experience issues. I don't know why my frames are so inconsistent.

My specs:

Ryzen 5 2600x

Rtx 2060 

I always am getting inconsistent frames. Like sometimes I'll have 180 then 60 then 150 then 130. My guess is that my cpu is bottlenecking my gpu. I get around 70 degrees Celsius on both my cpu and gpu so I don't see the problem. Can someone please help me out. My friend has a ryzen 5 2600 and an rx 580 with the same ram and his pc out performs mine which doesn't make sense in my head.

Lower the RAM speed to stock on the bios without any OC on any component. Does your frame rate stabilize (albeit at lower FPS)?

If yes, the problem is in your overclock which is not stable enough (probably ram). If no, let's dig further.

5 minutes ago, EladkLing said:

My specs:

Ryzen 5 2600x

Rtx 2060 

Try ddu and check 

And what is the temps 

And do you have xmp/ dcop on ? 

If yes update the chipset firmware and the bios 

If you don't have xmp / dcop on that's why your getting bad frame time and bad 1 % lows 

This should fix it 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

6 minutes ago, 3rrant said:

Lower the RAM speed to stock on the bios without any OC on any component. Does your frame rate stabilize (albeit at lower FPS)?

If yes, the problem is in your overclock which is not stable enough (probably ram). If no, let's dig further.

Everything is on default in bios. 

2 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

Try ddu and check 

And what is the temps 

And do you have xmp/ dcop on ? 

If yes update the chipset firmware and the bios 

If you don't have xmp / dcop on that's why your getting bad frame time and bad 1 % lows 

This should fix it 

I will see if xmp is on in bios and If my frames don't stabilize ill update bios.

When xmp was off it said my ram was working at 2100 mhz which was weird...

4 minutes ago, EladkLing said:

I will see if xmp is on in bios and If my frames don't stabilize ill update bios.

No not just update the bios

Enable dcop / xmp IF it didn't work 

Update the bios 

Good luck :)

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

1 minute ago, TofuHaroto said:

No not just update the bios

Enable dcop / xmp IF it didn't work 

Update the bios 

Good luck :)

What is dcop. I enabled xmp though. But why did it say my ram was clocked so low?

Just now, EladkLing said:

What is dcop. I enabled xmp though. But why did it say my ram was clocked so low?

Dcop is xmp but for AMD

And it says that because your ram doesn't run at it's advertised speed out of the box 

Build Log: 

Well my frames stabilized a little bit. But it's still all over the place.

3 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

Dcop is xmp but for AMD

And it says that because your ram doesn't run at it's advertised speed out of the box 

Can you specify on " all over the place " maybe a video or in what situation so like standing in the same place or what ?

Build Log: 

Should I update the bios now?

Just now, TofuHaroto said:

Can you specify on " all over the place " maybe a video or in what situation so like standing in the same place or what ?

First can you do this please 

And if possible what frequencies are you running at now that you enabled xmp ?

Build Log: 

So in fortnite I get anywhere between 200 and 100 when I do anything like walk, fight, or break stuff. My frames just jump no  matter what I do unless I am still.

First can you do this please 

And if possible what frequencies are you running at now that you enabled xmp ?

I believe I am at 3600 but lemme check.

I believe I am at 3600 but lemme check.

Yes please check because xmp doesn't always do the best job with ocing the ram

Build Log: 

3 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

Yes please check because xmp doesn't always do the best job with ocing the ram

This is what my bios shows. It says one is at 3600 and the other is at 2133 and It wont let me select the other one.

IMG_6305.jpg

This is what my bios shows. It says one is at 3600 and the other is at 2133 and It wont let me select the other one.

IMG_6305.jpg

Are they in slot 2 and 4?

Build Log: 

Are they in slot 2 and 4?

I am running duel channel I checked. Is my cpu bottlenecking my gpu?

I am running duel channel I checked. Is my cpu bottlenecking my gpu?

Nope it is not 

I guess maybe the only thing is to update the bios now (be careful with updating it if you don't know how)

Build Log: 

Nope it is not 

I guess maybe the only thing is to update the bios now (be careful with updating it if you don't know how)

How do I update it?

How do I update it?

Go to your mobo manufacturers site and go to support go to your mobo model and install the latest bios but please make sure you follow the correct steps as you can brick your mother board if you do it incorrectly 

Build Log: 

2 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

Go to your mobo manufacturers site and go to support go to your mobo model and install the latest bios but please make sure you follow the correct steps as you can brick your mother board if you do it incorrectly 

These are the steps but idk what they mean.

ggg.png