Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Do I need another fan?

Xsilent0
 Share

I’m gonna be running rx 570 8gb and a Ryzen 5 2600 

The case is

https://www.cclonline.com/product/253822/GMX-EXPEDITION-BLK/Cases/GameMax-Expedition-MicroATX-Mid-Tower-Gaming-Case-Black-with-Blue-LED-Fan-and-Side-Window/CAS3388/

I’m need to know if I should buy another fan or is it unnecessary as I’m not gonna be over clocking any time soon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Those parts don't make that much heat, so you don't need it. Id get it without, then add anouther fan later if needed.

 

If you want better temps, id get a case with better airflow, that case doesn't look like much air is getting in, some on the bottom maybe,  and a tiny bit in the front. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Front panel looks fairly restrictive, I would recommend not adding any more fans.
This case looks like NZXT H500s series with only a line of opening for intake.

 

I personally added 2 140mm fan to my NZXT case, and run them at no lower than 40% to generate positive pressure.

This will kill the silence and will have little effect on cooling.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

Those parts don't make that much heat, so you don't need it. Id get it without, then add anouther fan later if needed.

 

If you want better temps, id get a case with better airflow, that case doesn't look like much air is getting in, some on the bottom maybe,  and a tiny bit in the front. 

Could you recommend a case with good airflow for under £30 that’s my budget for a case. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Pikatchu said:

Front panel looks fairly restrictive, I would recommend not adding any more fans.
This case looks like NZXT H500s series with only a line of opening for intake.

 

I personally added 2 140mm fan to my NZXT case, and run them at no lower than 40% to generate positive pressure.

This will kill the silence and will have little effect on cooling.

Okay thanks for your advice

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking from the CPU alone; I ran the Ryzen 5 2600 for six months before going to the 9, and mine stayed around 105F / 40C with the Wraith Prism cooler that I bought afterward (ambient temp of around 75 F / 23 C), and my CPU fan never went above 50-60% RPM. I think the most I've ever seen that CPU go was 130F / 54C. So no, it's not a hot CPU and doesn't take anything special to cool it.

 

570 I'm not sure about.

PC: Ryzen 9 3900x | NZXT Kraken Z63  | MSI MEG x570 Godlike  | Trident Z Royal (Silver) 3600Mhz ( 32GB )  | ( x1 ) Sabrent Rocket NVMe Gen4 1TB  | ( x1 ) Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500GB  | ( x1 ) WD_Black SN750 1TB  | ( x1 ) Samsung 850 Evo 500GB  | ( x2 ) WD Black 7200rpm 1TB  | ROG Strix RTX 2070S Adv.  | Windows 3.11 + Number Munchers (Calculus Edition)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Xsilent0 said:

Could you recommend a case with good airflow for under £30 that’s my budget for a case. 

Look for cases with mesh on the front, helps a lot with getting cool air in. 

 

Like how this case has a mesh vent in the front, should be much better.https://www.cclonline.com/product/201085/CIT-F3WHITEBLACK/Cases/CiT-F3-Gaming-Midi-Tower-Case-Black/White-with-White-LED-Fan/CAS2532/

 

I know nothing about that case, research it more before getting it.

 

But those parts don't make that much heat, so airflow won't be that important.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×