A Bit Of Help Here Please!!!

Hey Guys,

I Have A Old Laptop (Hp Elitebook 2560p With a i5 2450M) with Upgraded 16 gigs ddr3 Ram And I Have Recently Gotten My Hands On A Amd R9 295x2 And a Thermal-take Tough power 1275 W Psu And I Was Wondering If I Can Hook Up This Graphics Card With My Laptop Via a Expgdc Egpu Dock (Using The Mini-PcIe Version). If You See Some Obvious Compatibility Issues Please Comment.

-Void

In theorie, yes. Check the Laptop manual if it has this interface, or not for some reason.

And you have to set certain Options in Bios, depending on the Laptop. 

PXE Boot to LAN "disabled", for example.

And you have to tell certain Games via Windows Graphics Settings to use the external device. After you installed the GPU driver of course.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

43 minutes ago, Praesi said:

In theorie, yes. Check the Laptop manual if it has this interface, or not for some reason.

And you have to set certain Options in Bios, depending on the Laptop. 

PXE Boot to LAN "disabled", for example.

And you have to tell certain Games via Windows Graphics Settings to use the external device. After you installed the GPU driver of course.

And Another Thing If I Use A 1275 w Psu It Wont Fry The Gpu Would It..?

3 minutes ago, aVoid said:

And Another Thing If I Use A 1275 w Psu It Wont Fry The Gpu Would It..?

Its ridiculous overpowered, but no. No harm will be done.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

3 minutes ago, Praesi said:

Its ridiculous overpowered, but no. No harm will be done.

Thanks m8

Just now, aVoid said:

Thanks m8

You´re welcome.

52 minutes ago, Praesi said:

PXE Boot to LAN

Btw What Does This Actually Mean And Do If You Can Explain A Bit Please Im Not So Good With Computers

3 minutes ago, aVoid said:

Btw What Does This Actually Mean And Do If You Can Explain A Bit Please Im Not So Good With Computers

Its a boot environment for Server / Client assembly. Nothing you should care much about as standart PC user.

2 minutes ago, Praesi said:

Its a boot environment for Server / Client assembly. Nothing you should care much about as standart PC user.

Okey Thanks m8 Cya Round Here Bai