Sd card reader not working

BoxTurtle
Go to solution Solved by BoxTurtle,
1 minute ago, turtlecraft said:

i will try that i have to find another one

it doesn't work :( thanks for the help

(note that i am on chrombook) So i have a usb c hub with a sd card reader. When you put the sd card in the sd card does not show up and times when it does show up when you try to move things you get the error message. I have taken it apart and nothing is wrong with the internals. The sd card is not corupted because it works fine on other devices. My brother has the same hub as me and his sd card reader works fine so i do not know how to fix it. Sorry I could not find the link for it but it is a ihaper usb c hub with 3 ubs 3.0, 1 hdmi, 1 usb c and a micro sd and sd reader.

WARNING!! THE THINGS I SAY ARE BASED OFF EXPERIENCE AND MIGHT NOT BE TOTALLY ACCURATE!!

What is the SD card formatted as? Probably a format ChromeOS can't read or something.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

7 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

What is the SD card formatted as? Probably a format ChromeOS can't read or something.

there is nothing wrong with sd card it is the reader. My brother has the same hub and my card works with that.

WARNING!! THE THINGS I SAY ARE BASED OFF EXPERIENCE AND MIGHT NOT BE TOTALLY ACCURATE!!

2 minutes ago, turtlecraft said:

there is nothing wrong with sd card it is the reader. My brother has the same hub and my card works with that.

Is he also running ChromeOS? Have you used his hub on your Chromebook with the same SD card that works on his?

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Just now, kelvinhall05 said:

Is he also running ChromeOS? Have you used his hub on your Chromebook with the same SD card that works on his?

Yes he is running on chrom os, i have not tried that i will 

6 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Ok so i tried it and it works

Just now, turtlecraft said:

Ok so i tried it and it works

Well, now you know your reader is faulty. Just as a last test you can try the suspected faulty reader on his Chromebook with a known good SD card.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

3 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Well, now you know your reader is faulty. Just as a last test you can try the suspected faulty reader on his Chromebook with a known good SD card.

1 minute ago, turtlecraft said:

it doesn't work :( thanks for the help