StarLord64

Hello all,

My system specs are as follows:

i7-9700k

MSI z370 SLI Plus (mobo)

EVGA RTX 2070 Super FTW3 (Overclocked)

32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz RAM

750W EVGA Gold power supply

I have been having issues with Minecraft where, when I look at certain blocks and move my cursor the textures seem to leave some kind of light trails..?

The FPS I get while playing Minecraft with shaders is also slightly shocking to me. For a while I was getting 75 steady, which is the refresh rate of my monitor, so I was more than happy. But then, without really changing anything within Optifine or anything in the Nvidia control panel, it drops to 40-50fps. I just reinstalled Minecraft, and I am still getting the "light tearing". Here is a link to a screen capture: 

Am I wrong for feeling like I should be able to get at least 75 FPS steady on Minecraft (of all things) with my hardware..? 

In addition, I don't have any other large issues running other games. VR runs butter smooth, Just Cause 3 runs like a dream, and I can even get 75 FPS steady on Battlefield V with all of the ray tracing options and highest graphics settings on. 

If any additional information is needed for help/advice just say so, I am glad to provide.

Advice is very much appreciated.

Thanks!

- StarLord64

P.S. This is also posted in the Video Games/PC Gaming sub forum, and I thought posting it here might get some more views, but I don't know how to delete a previous post